Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

Everytime Bella kisses Edward, does she taste venom in his mouth?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (last edited Nov 04, 2011 03:23PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lauren I was reading the whole "Midnight Sun" project that was never finished, where Stephenie Meyers had began writing Twilight from Edwards perspective. Despite noticing quite a few errors, there was a sentence that said

"I was used to the way that scent made me feel -- the dry ache in my throat....the excess flow of venom in my mouth."

Edward is talking about his reaction when he smells a human. So every time him and Bella are close, he would smell her, ESPECIALLY when they're kissing or whatever.

So is she tasting venom? How does that work....

Whitney No. Venom can only be released if he bites her. It's kind of a one-way-wall thing. She wouldn't taste anything.

message 3: by Jo (new) - rated it 1 star

Jo Yeah, Whitney's right...and I avoided the questions.

Shanna He states he has a flow of venom in his mouth, I don't think they couldn't have had open mouthed kisses. Or maybe there has to be a broken skin but then if the venom could destroy contact lenses, you'd think skin/mouth mucosa would have no chance... I remember SM saying somewhere that Edward had to pucker his lips to make like a straw to suck the venom from Bella so as not to contaminate her with his own.
Wonder what venom'd taste like?

Katherine Every time Bella opened her mouth when they'd kiss, Edward pulled away. So both of their mouths were always closed. (real romantic, huh?)
And there were a lot of errors in Midnight Sun because it was a rough, unedited draft.

[Coco] Obviously not or Bella would be long dead.

AlbertaJenn Yeah, the movies actually show it wrong; their kisses ar closed mouth and very chaste. Which I think is why she mentions that he kisses Bella's neck and such so often. It is much safer for Bella that way.

Shanna AlbertaJenn wrote: "Yeah, the movies actually show it wrong; their kisses ar closed mouth and very chaste. Which I think is why she mentions that he kisses Bella's neck and such so often. It is much safer for Bella th..."

And better to look at in the movies, I think audiences would have been underwhelmed by chaste kisses