Dead Poets Society discussion

Miscellany > Questions about the Group

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Hey guys! Just wondering if you guys would want reading challenges.

Also, if you have any suggestions about the group let me know.

message 2: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Please vote on the new poll! You can see the first comment to see why it's up there.

message 3: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Oh yeah... also would you like to read the books together like we read three of the chapters then we discuss it before we move on to the next?

message 4: by Viv (new)

Viv (a_pocky_box) | 156 comments Mod
That sounds good. But everyone has different reading paces, we could always start a book at the beginning of the year and have like a big discussion at the end of the month, like on the 25th of every month. And no one is allowed to talk about it until that day :)

message 5: by Adriana (new)

Adriana That sounds like a good idea. But, the only books I see that we really discuss are series books at the end. What do you think is going to happen type of thing. I don't know. I guess it will build up everything.Hmmm............. Yeah. That sounds like a good idea! (:
Let's wait to see what others think of course.

You didn't answer if you wanted challenges!!!

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Mags | 22 comments I would be up for reading challenges. I also like the idea of having a certain day to discuss the books we are reading. maybe have a gmail/skype chat or something along those lines? The only thing with the chat is that we would need to be able to chat at the same time :-/ I don't know. Just throwing out some suggestions!

message 7: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I've never used gmail or skype. What's gmail? If we can't we can just chat here.

So you would want a final day to discuss like Viv said or intervals like 1/3 of the book we discuss then 2/3 etc.?

That's great about the challenges! Thanks for the suggestions Lauren! (:

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Mags | 22 comments With gmail I meant to say google+. It is like Facebook but it is run by google. They have group chats on there.

With discussions of the books, I think we should have them once we are finished with it.

message 9: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Cool. Shouldn't we just chat here though because maybe not everyone has it? I don't know.

Sounds Good.

message 10: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Any specific Genre or type of books you guys would like to read?

Romantic, Thriller, Mystery, Friendship, Animals, etc.

message 11: by Viv (new)

I'm down for anything new. I usually go for young adult, mystery, historical and fantasy/sci-fi.

message 12: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Cool. Do you just want the option for genres or...?

message 13: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I'll be doing a poll for next months challenge so put your input out there!

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Mags | 22 comments I like non-fiction and anything from the beat generation. But I'm up for almost anything

message 15: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Great (:

What is the beat generation?

message 16: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I was thinking of reading books from the year you were born. What do you guys think?

Also fairy tale type books.

message 17: by Viv (new)

I LOVE fairy tale genre books :D

message 18: by Adriana (new)

Adriana yay!

message 19: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Mags | 22 comments Beat generation were writers from the 1950s. Kerouac and Bukowski are two examples

message 20: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Jack Kerouac?

message 21: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Does anyone have any challenge suggestions or anything that you would like to add to the group?