Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Off topic > Most Anticipated Fantasy of 2012

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new)

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
http://fantasy-faction.com/2011/most-...

Look here to see a list of fantasy's most anticipated books of 2012. Featured are some books by our series writers, Steven Erikson and Robin Hobbs!

message 2: by Kara (last edited Nov 04, 2011 12:03PM) (new)

Kara (sterlink) | 60 comments GREAT LINK!!!!! Thanks!

Have to go check out Elspeth Cooper now, and I never realized that The Heroes had received such amazing reviews.

New books to the TBR-pile, yeah!

message 3: by Traci (new)

Traci Will be reading more than a few of those next year but Forge of Darkness is a must have on release day, can I stay home from work week?

message 4: by Terry (new)

Terry Simpson | 5 comments Signed up. Nice place.

message 5: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new)

I know! I've heard it's turned in but a release date has not been announced yet.....impatience!

message 6: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (shelley69) | 597 comments Thanks Maggie for the great link! I made sure to pass it on to all my friends!!! So many great books to look forward to next year!!!! I love, love, LOVE Joe Ambercrombie, and his humor! Maggie we may have to read his series after we're done with SE/ICE.

message 7: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new)

That might be a good idea Shelley!

message 8: by Shelley (last edited Nov 07, 2011 06:27AM) (new)

Shelley (shelley69) | 597 comments :)) ...Joe throws enought twists and turns in his books to keep my interest, it's been hard to read anyone since I was ruined by SE! :)

message 9: by Rbette1299 (new)

Rbette1299 (dragonsdancing) | 2 comments Two books top of my 2012 list, Forge of Darkness and Orb,Sceptre, Throne.

message 10: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (shelley69) | 597 comments Rbette1299 wrote: "Two books top of my 2012 list, Forge of Darkness and Orb,Sceptre, Throne."

Hear, hear Rbette1299!!! I frigging can't wait to read anything new from Malaza!!!!

message 11: by Traci (new)

Traci I wonder if I'll be done with the ones finished when the new Malazan comes out.....

message 12: by Helen (new)

Helen Wouldn't it be nice to read the last part of Rothfuss, the last books by GRRM and Wurts. 3 series' I really want to read and find out what happens.

message 13: by Traci (new)

Traci Rothfuss and Martin both came out with books this year...which do you think will be quicker? Lol.

message 14: by Helen (new)

Helen Rothfuss! Although if the programme was popular that might give Martin a boost! Of course, I would have major re-read issues if I needed to read all three sets from the start in one year, lol.

message 15: by Jon (new)

Jon Sprunk | 6 comments What am I? Chopped liver?

Just kidding! Seriously, I'm looking forward to your #10, Shadow Ops by Myke Cole.

message 16: by David (new)

David (strakul) I've only just started reading the Malazan series, but I'm already excited for Forge of Darkness. Will probably leave it for once I'm done with the main series, though.
Super excited for A Memory of Light and Railsea. No idea what the latter is about, but I am a fan of China Mieville.

message 17: by Lettif (new)

Lettif Lapwing | 4 comments Now, I must speed up my reading rate, if I am to catch up with you people! I will also finish the Malazan main series and then plunge into the one coming... And I wonder if I should continue The First Law the same time. I started The Blade Itself at a break from the Malazans and I couldn't just stop. And now a new one is coming...!

message 18: by Michael (last edited Dec 11, 2011 04:25AM) (new)

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 302 comments I love reading "most anticipated listes. Here are a few others:

Fantasy Book Critic's Highly Anticipated 2012 Books: January-March
Civilian Reader

message 19: by Janny (new)

Janny (jannywurts) | 414 comments I cannot wait for The Daemon Prism by Carol Berg, and I just saw the new listing in Locus (at last!)Jennifer Roberson's third installment in her Karavans trilogy, The Wild Road, due out in May.

message 20: by Lis (new)

Lis (lazyseagull) I can't wait for Republic of Thieves, personally. Robin Hobb and Jim Butcher's books, too.

message 21: by Robin (last edited Dec 16, 2011 04:16AM) (new)

Robin (robinsullivan) | 10 comments Some resources from publishers for books that are coming out soon:

Orbit
Tor
Daw

message 22: by Elizabeth (last edited Jan 07, 2012 04:10AM) (new)

Elizabeth Risley (ElizabethRisley) | 228 comments Helen wrote: "Wouldn't it be nice to read the last part of Rothfuss, the last books by GRRM and Wurts. 3 series' I really want to read and find out what happens."

I've not been following the release schedule - when is the last Rothfuss book due?

As to what I'm waiting for most...Percepliquis/Heir of Novron.

message 23: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (sleo) | 1059 comments Janny wrote: "I cannot wait for The Daemon Prism by Carol Berg, and I just saw the new listing in Locus (at last!)Jennifer Roberson's third installment in her Karavan..."

I just bought this one.

message 24: by Sammi (new)

Sammi (Sammi-N) | 3 comments Oh fantastic, fabulous link :o)... i'll be browsing this website all afternoon.

Seffie~