BookTube 2018! discussion

Archive > NaNoWriMo

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amanda (ALittleBitofFrost) (alittlebitoffrost) Hey everyone! I hope your November is going great. I was wondering how many of you all are participating in NaNoWriMo this month. I have started on my novel and it is so much harder than I expected it to be. If you are doing it this year, how far are you? Also, should I be worried? I only have about 1,400 words. (This is my first time, so I'm kind of freaking out.) Thanks!

message 2: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) | 4 comments Your goal should be 1,700 words a day. If you aim for 200 words every 15 minutes, you can finish in just 2 hours and 10 minutes each day.

But not to worry! There's always time to catch up. An extra hour for a week or so, and you'll be back on track.

I'm doing my NaNoWriMo in December. I'm too busy finishing up an anthology project and a novella and the outline for the NaNo novel.

Amanda (ALittleBitofFrost) (alittlebitoffrost) Rita wrote: "Your goal should be 1,700 words a day. If you aim for 200 words every 15 minutes, you can finish in just 2 hours and 10 minutes each day.

But not to worry! There's always time to catch up. An ex..."

Okay. Thanks! I will definitely aim for those 1,700 words and more if i can help it. I started about a day late so I was behind to begin with. I had some things written before so I used that to start off.

message 4: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (po1sonousivy) | 2 comments This is also my first time celebrating NaNoWriMo, but I have been writing stories since I was a kid (Started as little picture books lol). I am so excited but I don't know if i can do the whole 1,700 words a day! I have to much going on! Does everyone already have an idea of what they want to write about?
I wanna base mine off a "popular" girl who falls in love with the mysterious new boy in school who is rumored to have a dark past, don't wanna give that part out though cause I'm not sure what yet -_-

message 5: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) | 4 comments Wendy, you aim for 800 words a day and plan to finish in 2 months instead of 1. When you write the last words on the page, will it matter how long it took? No, what matters is that you finished.

I will be working on the sequel to my book Tears which was published this summer. Lelea must finish restoring life to her home planet and must now reunite the human race.

message 6: by Ivy (last edited Nov 05, 2011 01:21PM) (new)

Ivy (po1sonousivy) | 2 comments I just added "Tears" to my to-reads!

message 7: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) | 4 comments Aw, thanks. Hope you like it.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm doing NaNoWriMo - good luck to everyone! I know I won't finish but it helps me get back into the swing of writing almost every day.

I'm also giving away four writing books at the end of the month if anyone is interested -

http://alchemyofscrawl.wordpress.com/...

message 9: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Wright (nataliewright) I'm working on my third novel & decided to write it for NaNoWriMo. It's a follow up to my first novel, Emily's House (The Akasha Chronicles) by Natalie Wright .
It has been tough! I generally don't write every day for 30 days straight so this has been a challenge. I feel like I've written 40,000 words of dog doo so far and I haven't read back over it so we'll see how much I'll keep!
But it has been great working on the discipline of writing daily AND I really like being part of the NaNo community.

message 10: by Red (last edited Nov 30, 2011 07:14AM) (new)

Red Tash (redtash) | 1 comments I've been doing Nano sort of everyday, but with a 43k head start. Lol. Picking up the mss after three years off is a big deal, so I'm a winner, either way! I'm added 13k quality words so far, and built a daily habit, so it's all good.

(Sorry about the typos, my iPad hates me!)

message 11: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) | 4 comments Congratulations to both Natalie & Red!!! Awesome job for all that hard work.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

So Im planning of doing NaNo this year, can anyone send me the rules? Is there a deadline?

Amanda (ALittleBitofFrost) (alittlebitoffrost) Josiah wrote: "So Im planning of doing NaNo this year, can anyone send me the rules? Is there a deadline?"

Basically, the idea is to write 50,000 words of a novel during the month of November. If you go to www.nanowrimo.org you can find out more about it. :)

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandakthompson) They also hold Camp NaNoWriMo in the summer, if you don't want to wait that long. (www.campnanowrimo.org) I've never had much luck with this one, because my writing abandon is apparently hard-wired to November now.

message 15: by Eric (new)

Eric Muss-Barnes (ericmussbarnes) | 21 comments I'm a slacker. I only wrote 3 new novels for a total of 350,000 words in the past 9 months. Terrible. I had intended to do it in 6 months.