Five Pillars and More discussion

The Taming of the Shrew Lines

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally (last edited Nov 04, 2011 10:26AM) (new)

Sally | 13 comments Mod
I have a confession. I just started this book on Tues. night and haven't picked it up since because after struggling though the first page for about 10 minutes I was overwhelmed. I haven't read Shakespeare since HS and it shows. I haven't even read a play since HS so it's even difficult to get use to the text layout. Arghhh ! So this is me just venting. I think I am gonna have to take some major notes as I read - again something I haven't really done since HS. I am tempted to get Cliff Notes or something but I think that would defeat some of the purpose in reading a classic. Someone please remind me I can do this. :)

Does anyone know if all plays are numbered the same way in reference to lines? I am reading this play in a book that is a collection of some of his plays. Or like this play each new scene is called Induction 1, 2, etc. I was just wondering if we could somehow make sure we could start a discussion & make sure in the discussion title like Induction 1 & know it is all the same material. This volume of plays is not listed on Goodread - that would make it easier. Have I lost anyone yet?

message 2: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 2 comments A good friend of mine who homeschooled her boys up to college said that Shakespeare was meant to be watched, not read - so maybe try reading along with a good video production of it?

message 3: by Sally (new)

Sally | 13 comments Mod
I have decided - for now- to set this book aside until I have the time to devote to reading Shakespeare again. I am just not ready to jump in like this !