Dreamspinner Press discussion

Hot Head (Head #1)
This topic is about Hot Head
Announcements > Goodreads Choice Awards nominee!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dreamspinner (new)

Dreamspinner Press (dreamspinnerpress) | 2637 comments Mod
Hot Head by Damon Suede has been nominated in the Best Romance category of the Goodreads Choice Awards! Just being nominated is a huge honor, but it's also proof that the m/m romance genre is beginning to hold its own against the bastions of romance like Nora Roberts. If you read Hot Head and loved it, here's your chance to support the book. If you haven't read it yet, here's your chance to support our genre. First round voting is open until Nov. 14.

Spread the word!

http://www.goodreads.com/award/choice...

message 2: by Sylvie (new)

Sylvie | 18 comments I already voted!!!

message 3: by Dreamspinner (new)

Dreamspinner Press (dreamspinnerpress) | 2637 comments Mod
Thanks, Sylvie! We appreciate the support!

message 4: by Sylvie (new)

Sylvie | 18 comments I love the books you publish (the quality of the stories and the quality of the ebooks and print books), so you get all the support I can give you.

message 5: by Carole-Ann (new) - added it

Carole-Ann (blueopal) What Sylvie said!!

And I'd already voted for Damon - Hot Head is such a great book (beats the others by a mile IMHO!)

message 6: by Damon (new) - added it

Damon Suede (damonsuede) | 115 comments Thank you so much...for the votes and for the kind words!

Barb None better and gets my vote every time!!!

message 8: by John (new)

John Goode | 15 comments Voted!

Erica Pike (ericapike) | 2 comments It's absolutely wonderful. I voted when it was nominated and now that it's in the finals! I so hope it wins. Great job, Damon!

Bookbee | 17 comments I'm so excited for Damon! Already voted in the final round. :)

Isabelle Rowan (IsabelleRowan) | 19 comments Voted! :D

message 12: by Wade (new) - rated it 5 stars

Wade (wadekelly) | 26 comments I voted!

Evaine | 4 comments I bought this book due to the buzz of the first round nomination and after reading it, was very quick to vote for it in the semis and the finals! A real yummy book!!

Charles (charles_edward) | 16 comments Oh yeah, I voted for Hot Head in every round. I'd love to see a male/male romance win in the category, and there is no question that Hot Head is worthy! It is outstanding.

Barb Congrats to Damon for placing third. That in itself is a huge accomplishment for the genre and being among such heavy hitters and some of the best in the romance genre, which he beat out deservingly. I'm so happy it received such recognition. Personally I've read the winner and Hot Head was heads (no pun intended) above it. Didn't even come close to being as good as HH.

message 16: by Jana (new)

Jana Denardo | 107 comments That is great. Congrats to Damon

ElaineY | 75 comments WELL DONE, DAMON! I'm sure you're celebrating:) Hot Head was a wonderful MM romance - and I'm not even a fireman-hero fan. I hope you're planning to write another contemporary romance!

message 18: by Damon (new) - added it

Damon Suede (damonsuede) | 115 comments I'm so happy! Seriously. Thank you to everyone who helped get the word out and caqme back again and again to vote and revote. This whole "Best Romance" thing came out of nowhere and brought so many new readers to the book, many of whom hadn't even HEARD of M/M before the Goodreads nod. So yeah... :) I'm thrilled with the way the whole thing transpired.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Hot Head (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Damon Suede (other topics)