GoodGames discussion

Games: Reviews/Suggestions > The Elder Scrolls...Best game ever, or a little bit fiddly?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Burns (TheFailedPhilosopher) | 105 comments Mod
Okay so truthfully I've only ever played Oblivion but I'm sure some of you have played the others.

message 2: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Bought Oblivion on Saturday and played it for a few hours on Sunday. I like it, and I'm sure I'll play it. But, it feels so much more cumbersome and clunky (so far) compared to War in the North. The step-son says it's great and I just need to get past the first part. (I'm in town now and trying to wrangle up some money before I try to take the amulet to whatshisface at the monk house, but I keep getting caught picking pockets and going to jail.)

message 3: by Mark (new)

You should head over to the arena in the imperial city and do all of that first...it can be done really quickly...and then you'l have the money and the levels...and maybe do the Guilds first missions either as well.

message 4: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Thanks for the heads up. I wandered outside and got my butt kicked. So I knew there must be something in the city that would better prepare me for the big scary world!

message 5: by Mark (new)

When I say quickly I should clarify that there will be a lot of going back and forth involved...and a fight each time so could take a while... I really meant that it doesn't need to take days if you do it the quicker way of not leaving until they say you can't fight because it's the off hours or whatever.

message 6: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Oh, I'm up for that. I'm one of those OCD players that love the repetition for the sake of experience and/or cash. :) Which is why I cannot play two player co-op with my step-son. He just wants to run through as fast as he can. I want to check every nook and cranny to make sure I haven't missed anything!!

message 7: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I'll come back to it, I'm all about War in the North at the minute. It's been working fine in single player mode.

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) Amelia wrote: "Oh, I'm up for that. I'm one of those OCD players that love the repetition for the sake of experience and/or cash. :) Which is why I cannot play two player co-op with my step-son. He just wants ..."

:-) That's me!

I've looked at the Elder scrolls and it looks delish! I was thinking about picking it up but I never got out of town in Baldur's Gate (so I need to go back and finish it, lol).

message 9: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) So far I'm finding it a little bit fiddly, like the controls just aren't that comfortable and I'm still wandering around trying to figure out what I'm doing...but, it's REALLY new, so don't base anything on my opinion at the moment. :)

message 10: by Mark (new)

Are you playing with the character visible or otherwise? I found that it was finicky when you could see yourself.

message 11: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I was playing first person, but my step-son changed it to third person just as I was stopping the last time. I haven't had a chance to see if I notice much of a difference, but I am more accustomed to playing third person.

We'll see.

message 12: by Maggie (new)

Maggie K I just got Skyrim due to my intense love of morrowind. I am already hooked.
They are fiddly at first, but once you get used to it you will be over that!

message 13: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I've heard Skyrim is better than Oblivion.

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) I just started Skyrim today. It's cool but odd and its taking waaaay too long to get to some action.

message 15: by Mach (new)

Mach | 3 comments i have been playing a little but have not gotten into it yet most of the time i have on gaming i spend on Battlefield 3.

message 16: by Mark (new)

My Skyrim is ridiculously glitchy...

message 17: by Jaeson (new)

Jaeson | 2 comments I think skyrim is a really good game