GoodGames discussion

Games: Reviews/Suggestions > Boldar's Gate: Dark Alliance

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) If you liked Champions of Norath, you will love Boldar's Gate: Dark Alliance!

Basically you choose to be a human archer, an elven sorceress or a dwarven something.or.other. It plays as a one or two player game, which I love. There are some new baddies in town and you are just what they need. You follow the story line, hacking your way through levels trying to find the guy who whacked you on the head in the first video. Of course, there is an even bigger baddie than him, so I can already see where the final battle will have to be.

Games like this are brilliant for my OCD. I check every corner, break every barrel, kill every critter. I love it!

message 2: by Mark (new)

Mark Burns (TheFailedPhilosopher) | 105 comments Mod
You'd love Demon Souls and Dark souls...and Dragon Age too.

message 3: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Demon Souls and Dark Souls were the ones the step-son was saying I should get. I told him, to start with, to get me a multi-player though. Honey and I are going to have a sit in your PJs all day and play the new console Saturday. :)

I will get Dragon Age FOR SURE. I have a little thing for dragons.

message 4: by Mark (new)

I forgot to mention Elder Scrolls now that they are doing those for it again.

message 5: by Mark (new)

Amelia wrote: "Demon Souls and Dark Souls were the ones the step-son was saying I should get. I told him, to start with, to get me a multi-player though. Honey and I are going to have a sit in your PJs all day ..."

It doesn't really have a lot to do with Dragons...

message 6: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Ah, well, I'm sure I'll manage anyway.

message 7: by Mark (new)

There is a dragon in it though...and that's really all I can say about Dragons and Dragon Age without having to add a spoiler alert.

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 39 comments I'm holding off on Dragon Age as I need to upgrade or replace my computer. I plan to (if possible) when Diablo 3 hits.

I never bought a PS 3.

Have you played Dark Alliance 2 and Norath Return to Arms?

message 9: by Mark (new)

I actually haven't played either of those...

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 39 comments Both PS2 games and both pretty good. If you liked the first ones you'll probably like these. Dark Alliance was supposed to have 3 installments, but the company went "toes up" before the third came out. Atari owns the rights now. Don't know if the "story" will ever be finished.

message 11: by Mark (new)

Don't you just hate it when that happens...I hope Atari does one and does it justice for you and the others who liked these games.

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 39 comments So do I. Actually the PC version is probably my favorite RPG. I'd love to see another good PC BG game.

message 13: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I think I played Norath Return to Arms with two of my brothers, but Boldar's Gate is new to me.

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 39 comments If you haven't played the PC version I'd recommend it. As old as it is it's one of best (maybe the best) in depth RPGs out there. I'll open a discussion on it under games. The PS2 games (Dark Alliance) are based on it but so much more limited.

message 15: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I may have to switch the PS2 console to my TV in the big room or I won't get to finish it. The Wii and my PS3 are on my TV and the PS2 and Honey's PS3 are on his TV...normally this isn't a problem, as he doesn't spend much time on the TV in any mode. Lately, since he discovered the OO7 game? I'm a Bond Widow and I can't get to my dang Baldur's Gate!!