Banned and Challenged Books discussion

What banned or challenged Books do you think we should read and why?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (last edited Nov 04, 2011 07:10AM) (new)

Emma (emma1919) I think we should read "The Handmaid's Tale" The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood and "The Golden Compass". The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1) by Philip Pullman

message 2: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirkel) | 4 comments Bri wrote: "I think we should read "The Handmaid's Tale"The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood and "The Golden Compass".The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1) by Philip Pullman"

I have just read The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood so I wouldn't mind discussing it:)

Is there a list of banned books that can be put in the group?

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma1919) Kirsty wrote: "Bri wrote: "I think we should read "The Handmaid's Tale"The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood and "The Golden Compass".The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1) by Philip Pullman"

I have just read [bookcover:The Hand..."

Well, any books that have been banned, or have been challenged on more than one occaison or even a book that just deals with censorship (like "The Book Theif") would be a possiblity. The ALA (American Library Association) has a few lists of banned and challenged books and their site: http://www.ala.org/advocacy/banned . You might want to check that out