Book Buyers Dreamland discussion

Does anyone participate in a bookswap?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (shadowkissedcassie) | 99 comments Mod
I’m addicted to goodreads so when I started using goodreads bookswap I thought it was great! I loved that when I added books to my wishlist, goodreads would automatically see if they were available in the swap. The shipping rates where reasonable through USPS, and it was easy to print the labels when I would put my books up for swap. Because I am a student and don’t have money to buy new books I was wondering if there were other great swap sites? Please let me know the site and what you like about it! Thanks :)

P.S. I'm so mad goodreads closed their bookswap :(

message 2: by Natshane (new)

Natshane | 6 comments I never participated in one but I am hoping to when I have a steady allowance, but now they closed the bookswap system and there goes my hope.

message 3: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Stewart (haybop) The only bookswapping I participate in is between myself and the rest of my family - we have so many books between us that it's good to share when you know you'll get it back eventually :D

message 4: by Natshane (new)

Natshane | 6 comments Haha! My family don;t really read :(

message 6: by Natshane (new)

Natshane | 6 comments That is a great site! I'll save it for future uses:)

message 7: by Cassie (new)

Hayley wrote: "The only bookswapping I participate in is between myself and the rest of my family - we have so many books between us that it's good to share when you know you'll get it back eventually :D"

My family doesn't really read either...besides the bible lol.

message 8: by Cassie (new)

Stacy {whatstacy} wrote: "www.paperbackswap.com"

Thanks for the website :) Ive heard good things

message 9: by Brigit (new)

Brigit (beela2361) | 1 comments also www.bookmooch.com is a really good place to swap books.

message 10: by ★Kayla★ (new)

★Kayla★ (kaylabook) I just signed up for the paperbackswap.com. looks good so far, thanks!

message 11: by Texas Reader (new)

Texas Reader Stacy (texasreader-stacy) | 7 comments ★Kayla★ wrote: "I just signed up for the paperbackswap.com. looks good so far, thanks!"

I have had a lot of great "swaps" from that site. I have received books from all over the country and they have been in great condition. And I use the printable postage, so I just print/wrap/and drop in the mailbox at work. pretty simple.

message 12: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Stewart (haybop) @Cassie & Natshane - I'm not sure how I'd have turned out if my parents, especially my mum, hadn't encouraged us to read so much by us seeing her spend so much time reading (by herself or to us) and our house being so full of books :S

Does that paperbackswap go all over the world?

message 13: by Texas Reader (new)

Texas Reader Stacy (texasreader-stacy) | 7 comments Hayley wrote: "@Cassie & Natshane - I'm not sure how I'd have turned out if my parents, especially my mum, hadn't encouraged us to read so much by us seeing her spend so much time reading (by herself or to us) an..."

Unfortunately, no. Just Residents of the US (including US territories and possessions--anywhere that is served by the US Postal Service). But they are working on expanding.

message 14: by Tayte (new)

Tayte (tayteh) I do. On my gr page is a list of books to trade!

message 15: by ★Kayla★ (new)

★Kayla★ (kaylabook) ok so i just realized that on bookswaps.com I have to pay for the postage.....uh not what I wanted to do. I send more books than I get. Anyone know of a book swap site that is just like Goodreads where the recipient pays the postage??

message 16: by Cassie (new)

★Kayla★ wrote: "ok so i just realized that on bookswaps.com I have to pay for the postage.....uh not what I wanted to do. I send more books than I get. Anyone know of a book swap site that is just like Goodreads w..."

They make you pay for the books you send? Thats stupid! If someone wants the book they should have to pay....I miss the goodreads bookswap :(