Lord of the Rings Fans discussion

People who know NOTHING about LOTR.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K. M. R., or Quirenas, the Cloudy One (With Lightning) (last edited Nov 03, 2011 08:56PM) (new)

K. M. R. (moisoha) | 728 comments Mod
Okay, so most of the time I get kinda mean when people say something wrong about LOTR, but in this case it was actually really funny so I decided to share. I own this (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I...) game called Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit Trilogy Edition, and we were going to play it as roommates. One of my roommates, Michelle, has never seen or read the Lord of the Rings. She really knows pretty much nothing about it except that Golem says "My precious" and It has something to do with a ring and an eye. (Sad right?) So I can't remember how it came up exactly, but she said something along the lines of "You want me to tell you how Lord of the Rings goes. Ok, ok, I'll tell you then." And she proceeded to tell me this. (The names I added in, she just pointed to the person's picture on the box. Except Arwen, who she named herself - you'll see.)

It all begins with Maria (Arwen [Michelle: No, her name is Maria.]) and she wants to marry this old guy (Gandalf) for his money. But this guy (Aragorn) has been in love with Maria (Arwen) since they were kids and so he asks his best friend (Frodo) to go get him this awesome ring (The One Ring) so that he can propose to Maria (Arwen) before she marries whats-his-face (Gandalf). So this guy (Frodo) goes to get the ring and he meets up with his buddy. (Golem) And his buddy's like "Yo Hommie! Wuzzap!" And then this guy (Frodo) tells him about the ring, and so they go and get it. (Me: And Golem *point* bites off Frodo's *point* finger to get the ring. Michelle: No! Their buddies. See, that's why he says "Yo Hommmie!". Friends don't eat friend's fingers. Me: Did I forget to mention that Gollem dies? Michelle: Kayla you're ruining my story.) Now Orlando Bloom (This time I actually said "Legolas!") is Maria's brother and he's all like "No way dude! you can't, like, marry my sister" To this guy. (Gandalf) And these guys (Eowyn, Legolas, and Arwen [I almost typed Maria there...]) are all siblings, and she (Eowyn) Likes this guy (Aragorn) but she's (Eowyn) only ten so it's really creepy. (Me: Well, you kinda got that one right. She is crushing on Aragorn. Michelle: oh yeah, I'm awesome! Me: Except she's not ten. Michelle: Oh I get it, she's nine. Me: Michelle! Michelle: Shh, I'm talking.) This guy (Gimli)... this guy's not even part of the story. He's actually in Lord of the Flies but he accidentally got photoshopped into the movie. Oh yea, and this guy (Sam) teams up with this guy (Nazgul) and they kidnap Maria (Arwen) and take here here (Minas Tirith I think. Oh, and their villiage is on this mountain (See box in the upper right corner next to what I think is Minas Tirith.)

Now while I was writing this whole story down and laughing, she added little things in. For example: "The old guy (Gandalf) doesn't think much either. That's why he staring off into a corner. He's just rich and old." We also talked about how one of my friends was on medication and was convinced that the elves lived in Kansas. So then Michelle says "Elves live in Kansas because of Dorothy. They come out of the rainbow like skittles."

Yeah... I have an interestingly creative roommate.

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (danceswithelves) **Dies laughing** Wooooowwww.....special folk, indeed. WHERE did you get that game??!

message 3: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

Ada (caladhieledhel-mellon) | 861 comments Mod
OOOH my gosh. Wow. Your roommate is amazing- I can respect her story telling abilities, if not her knowledge of LOTR. :D

message 4: by K. M. R., or Quirenas, the Cloudy One (With Lightning) (last edited Nov 04, 2011 10:16AM) (new)

Walmart. Didn't you know? The world is at Walmart. Seriously, if you went and asked for the world on a plate, they would have it. It's old though.

message 5: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

:D!

message 6: by Lindsay, aka...Dera the chatterbox (new)

Lindsay (a_rachelle) | 776 comments Mod
*can't breathe* Wow.....xD And she is serious....*snort*
I do admit though...I love ze skittles.

message 7: by K. M. R., or Quirenas, the Cloudy One (With Lightning) (new)

My roommie, the one mentioned above says she loves you all.

message 8: by Lindsay, aka...Dera the chatterbox (new)

Lindsay (a_rachelle) | 776 comments Mod
lol We love her too xD

message 9: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

Ditto. <:)

message 10: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

Oops. :P