The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Favorite Authors/Books/Series > Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp Series

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (Birdyseeds) | 382 comments I didn't see a thread for Vince, here, so here you go! (smile) I've read all of the Rapp books, so please do feel free to start a discussion on this fabulous author's creations!

message 2: by Robert (new)

Robert Bidinotto (robertbidinotto) | 23 comments Bird, THANK YOU. Vince is a fabulous thriller author.

You may be interested in the long interview I conducted with him in late 2007, and just republished here . He is one of the most decent, principled, and gutsiest men I've ever had the pleasure to meet.

If you like Vince, you may also enjoy the thrillers of another #1 NYT bestselling author, Brad Thor.

message 3: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (Birdyseeds) | 382 comments Thanks for the suggestion, Robert! I'll read your interview today. I didn't realize until last week that Vince is ill. He's been in my prayers and thoughts constantly since then. Too many fabulous men, lately, have been lost to the scourge he's now battling.

message 4: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (Birdyseeds) | 382 comments Great article and interview regarding Vince, "Kill Shot", and his illness!
http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/ne...

message 5: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodychesen) | 4 comments Bird: I just read the article and saw the video on USA Today. Thanks for posting it! I've read all of his books (except Kill Shot) and have loved each and every one...

message 6: by Afsana (new)

Afsana (afsanaz) | 179 comments that was interesting read

message 7: by Georgia (new)

Georgia | 536 comments I have read two of Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp series. In 2010 I read Act of Treason, got "hooked" 2011 read American Assassin and am looking forward to reading
whatever others I find. Between John Rain, Reacher and
Mitch, I am juggling my reading!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I am going to click into the interview to which Robert has linked us. Thank you Robert!!! Must go out and get Kill Shot. Prayers for Vince, also!

message 8: by Jim (new)

Jim Crocker | 176 comments Robert has done interviews with seemingly EVERYBODY on there! Thanks Robert!

message 9: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (Birdyseeds) | 382 comments I'm re-listening to all of the books, and you know... I just really want to punch Anna's lights out most of the time. (laughing) Just sayin'... yeesh.

message 10: by Tay (new)

Tay | 261 comments I saw the other thread but I love this series.

message 11: by Georgia (new)

Georgia | 536 comments Love all Vince Flynn's books. Finished Kill Shot a few months ago. Mitch does it again altho' this book also seems like the beginning of Mitch. Interesting situation. A list to kill!!!!!!!!!!! I gave it ****

message 12: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (Birdyseeds) | 382 comments I just finished The Last Man . It is, in my opinion, the best Rapp book Vince has written, period!! Absolutely FANTASTIC!!!

message 13: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) I've been wanting to start this series but keep getting sidetracked.

message 14: by Georgia (new)

Georgia | 536 comments Got to get The Last Man by Vince Flynn Thanks for reminding me of Vince Flynn. Love Mitch Rapp. I wonder how Vince Flynn is fairing, health-wise. Anyone
know? Hope things are better for him.

message 15: by Tay (new)

Tay | 261 comments Thanks for letting me know. I'm about to start back up again. I read six of his books in a row and didn't want to burnout so I'm taking a break so I'll start it up again next week.

message 16: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (Birdyseeds) | 382 comments I'm not sure how he's doing. I need to watch more interviews with him and see if he mentions his health, but he looks fantastic...so much better than he did last year!! I adore listening to him. He really does have such a handle on what really is going on around the world. His b.s. meter works extremely well when dealing with the alphabet soup folks and what the government allows us to know and not know...probably what makes him one of the best authors of the genre!

Check out this interview from the other day:

Vince!

message 17: by Georgia (new)

Georgia | 536 comments Thank you Jeanie, I am saving this so that I can watch
all the interviews on the side, listed.

message 18: by T.A. (new)

T.A. Lean (fitchickuk) | 1 comments I'm a Vince Flynn fan. Must get hold of The last man as I don't think I've read that one.

message 19: by June (new)

June (juneedelsonnj) | 105 comments Please tell me about Viince Flynn, what's wrong with his health? I haven't heard anything about it.
I do love his books and read every one of them except the newest one. It's on my wish list at Paperbackswap and should be getting it soon.

message 20: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (Birdyseeds) | 382 comments June wrote: "Please tell me about Viince Flynn, what's wrong with his health? I haven't heard anything about it.
I do love his books and read every one of them except the newest one. It's on my wish list at P..."

He was diagnosed with stage 3 prostate cancer awhile back. I'm not sure he's in remission but he looks so much more healthy than he did last year. I try to keep him in my positive thoughts and prayers. He's a good daddy, a good husband, and, as far as I can tell, a thoroughly good guy.

message 21: by Bill, Co-Moderator (new)

Bill | 5389 comments Mod
Based on the comments here, I bought my first Flynn novel this afternoon. I'm looking forward to it.

message 22: by June (new)

June (juneedelsonnj) | 105 comments Bill wrote: "Based on the comments here, I bought my first Flynn novel this afternoon. I'm looking forward to it."

Hope you like it Bill. Which one did you get?

message 23: by June (new)

June (juneedelsonnj) | 105 comments Jeanie wrote: "June wrote: "Please tell me about Viince Flynn, what's wrong with his health? I haven't heard anything about it.
I do love his books and read every one of them except the newest one. It's on my w..."

Thank you Jeanie, hope he's in remission.

message 24: by Bill, Co-Moderator (new)

Bill | 5389 comments Mod
June wrote: "Bill wrote: "Based on the comments here, I bought my first Flynn novel this afternoon. I'm looking forward to it."

Hope you like it Bill. Which one did you get?"

Memorial Day, June. It looks interesting.

message 25: by June (new)

June (juneedelsonnj) | 105 comments Bill wrote: "June wrote: "Bill wrote: "Based on the comments here, I bought my first Flynn novel this afternoon. I'm looking forward to it."

Memorial Day, June...."

That's the first book of his that I read and it got me hooked!!!

message 26: by Bill, Co-Moderator (new)

Bill | 5389 comments Mod
June wrote: "Bill wrote: "June wrote: "Bill wrote: "Based on the comments here, I bought my first Flynn novel this afternoon. I'm looking forward to it."

Memori..."

Thanks for the recommendation, June..

message 27: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (Birdyseeds) | 382 comments Gonna miss you, sweet, talented man. What a terrible, terrible loss. Guys, if you're 50 or older get tested for prostate cancer every single year. This horrible disease has taken WAYYYY too many fine, vibrant men over the last few years.

message 28: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodychesen) | 4 comments Rest in Peace Mr. Flynn. Your talent for storytelling will be missed.

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Last Man (other topics)