Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Cheryl's October

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments I typed this up and posted it on Tuesday but it has never appeared - so try again....

The Chocolate Castle Clue JoAnna Carl This series is like an old friend. I like the characters and the stories. This one didn't have a lot to do with the chocolate shop itself. 8

The Gentlemen's Hour Don Winslow. I am starting to like this author more and more. This was a sequel to the Boone Daniels, surfer series. 8

The Dog Who Knew Too Much Spencer Quinn I am amzed that this series is not wearing thin. I still find it entertaining. 8

Mind Over Murder Allison Kingsley A bookstore novel with a paranormal slant. Nothing really new and different. 7.5

A Sheetcake named Desire Jackalyn Brady Cake decorating this time. 8

Ghost Story Jim Butcher. Audio Not bad but this was not James Marsters 7.5

Misery Bay Steve Hamilton Glad to see Alex McKnight back. 9

In Session with Dr. Morgan Snow M J Rose Kindle. Three short stories - sex therapist deals with Cotton Malone, John Rain and Jack Reacher. 8

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie Alan Bradley
Reread for a book club

The Friday Night Knitting Club Kate Jacobs Book Club "Nice" little visit. 7.5

To Have and to Kill Mary Jane Clark. I have the ARC for book 2 to review. I wanted to read this first. 8

Everything this month was pretty much the same.

message 2: by Melodie (last edited Nov 04, 2011 07:32AM) (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3598 comments I've read 4 on your list. I figured GHOST STORY would suffer with John Glover as the reader this time. He's definitely NO James Marsters! IN SESSION WITH DR. MORGAN SNOW sounds quite interesting!

message 3: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1189 comments Cheryl wrote: "I typed this up and posted it on Tuesday but it has never appeared - so try again....

The Gentlemen's Hour Don Winslow. I am starting to like this author more and more. This was a sequel to the Boone Daniels, surfer series. 8"

I really like Don Winslow too. I'm sure The Power of the Dog will make my tops of 2011 list.

message 4: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments I'm really liking Marsters' voice as Harry. If I ever make it that far in the series, I'll have to switch to print for Ghost Story.

message 5: by Ann (last edited Nov 05, 2011 02:22PM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14290 comments Good month, Cheryl!
I wonder why James Marsters wasn't tapped for Ghost Story, that is disappointing. Like Marcy, I might be tempted to switch to print for that one.
I really need to catch up with Don Winslow I really enjoyed California Fire and Life

message 6: by Ann (last edited Nov 05, 2011 08:20AM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14290 comments I am glad you mentioned In Session: Dr. Morgan Snow with Steve Berry's Cotton Malone, Lee Child's Jack Reacher & Barry Eisler's John Rain - it does look quite interesting!
and I loved the new Alex McKnight book from Steve Hamilton too.

message 7: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3598 comments Ann wrote: "Good month, Cheryl!
I won't why James Marsters wasn't tapped for Ghost Story, that is disappointing. Like Marcy, I might be tempted to switch to print for that one. ..."

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Marsters had something conflicting going on when they needed to record the book and that they had delayed the recording once.

message 8: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3493 comments Loved the friday night knitting club. I read the 1st Mary jane clark and got some of the rest at the used book store just haven't gotten to them yet.