Ask Barbara Freethy! discussion

Tearjerkers.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renee (new)

Renee | 1 comments How do you not cry when writting your books? I just finished The Sweetest Thing and Garden of Secrets and cried through both of them. Which is your favorite to write the more mysterious books or the more romantic books?

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Freethy (barbarafreethy) | 9 comments Mod
Hi Renee -- I love writing emotion as you can probably tell. I must admit some of my own words do make me teary eyed, but mostly because I'm so in tune with the character at that moment in time. Their emotions are running through me - if that makes sense. And I like both kinds of books. All of my stories have a little puzzle of some sort to figure out, some more suspenseful than others, but I always like to have something that the reader needs to figure out besides the relationships and the romances.

If you really want a tearjerker, you should try DANIEL'S GIFT, it's a great holiday read, too. But I haven't met too many people who haven't been moved by that story. I wrote it after a tragedy in the family and I think my emotions were so strong at that point that they just come through in the story.