Good YA Series discussion

Other Comments or Questions > What are Some Good Chick-Lit Authors?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alice (new)

Alice (alicelhonda) i was just wondering if someone has a book/author to recommend to me. also, does anyone know if sarah dessen is a good writer? i don't know if i should buy one of her books.

message 2: by Shaina (new)

Shaina | 42 comments i really like sarah dessen. if you would like a chick-lit book with humor, AND action, check out either the gallagher girls series or the Heist society series by ally carter. really good books with strong female heroines!

message 3: by Erika (new)

Erika | 4 comments I like Sarah Dessen.

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (shereadsatnight) Epic Fail is good and so is Anna and the French Kiss. Very highly recommended.

message 5: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystalways) | 305 comments Mod
I'm sorry, but I haven't read any of Sarah Dessen's books. I do have some other chick-lit suggestions.

Look at Meg Cabot's young adult books like Every Boy's Got One.

I think Sara Shepard's Pretty Little Liars is a great chick-lit read, but I feel like it is also majorly a mystery series.

Also check out Simone Elkeles especially Leaving Paradise.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I love the book covers of books by Sarah Dessen and i want like ALL of her books lol, i've never read any of them but the story line sounds great! I haven't bought any because whenever i find them, they're like $20 each :P

message 7: by Alice (new)

Alice (alicelhonda) Crystal wrote: "I'm sorry, but I haven't read any of Sarah Dessen's books. I do have some other chick-lit suggestions.

Look at Meg Cabot's young adult books like Every Boy's Got One.

I think Sara Sh..."

I love Every Boy's Got One.

message 8: by Alice (new)

Alice (alicelhonda) thanks everyone for answering and making suggestions.

message 9: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 1 comments i loved alphabet weekends by elizabeth ?someone?

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 3 comments well Hannah being a fan of chick-lit myself there is one gal that knows hot to give me the same gooey romance that I crave.Meg cabot! she is an amzaing author she has wriitten mostly fanatsy/romance novels for teens.Mostly romance novels for adults and a couple fantasy novels thrown in there.(her latest series involves vampires...)

message 11: by Lesley (new)

Lesley (cleo126) | 1 comments I have read almost all of Sarah Dessen's and Meg Cabot's books, and I love them! I also love Shanna Swendson and Hester Browne.

message 12: by Nat (new)

Nat (Nat_Hamilton) | 10 comments i suggest...for sarah dessen forever summer
and for meg cabot...all the books! she's awesome!
but my personal favourites are the airhead series, boy meets girl, queen of babble series.
Ally Carter is also amazing...i <3 her gallagher girl series and heist society

message 13: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Here are my favourite Chick-Lit authors....
Patricia Briggs - Mercy Thompson series is a MUST READ
Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Libba Bray - Gemma Doyle series
Gail Carriger - Parasol Protectorate series is witty, smart and hard to put down
Cassandra Clare - The Infernal Devices and The Mortal Instruments series are completely brilliant. Just Wow.
Lili St. Crow - Strange Angels series is amazing, can't wait for the next one to be delivered to me next week some time...
Yasmine Galenorn - Sisters of the Moon series, for the older reader, certainly over 17/18 years but fantastic
Charlaine Harris - Sookie Stackhouse. If these books aren't in your library, what the hell are you reading for.
Melissa Marr - Wicked Lovely series is completely brilliant.
Richelle Mead - Vampire Academy series and Georgina Kincaid series are highly recommended.
L J Smith - Night World is a great series of shorter stories.
Isobelle Carmody - Post Apocalyptic series, really sucks you in...

message 14: by Astoria (new)

Astoria  (astoriamalfoy) | 5 comments Alyson Noel, while I don't like her Immortal series, I do enjoy her other books a lot.
Saving Zoe and the such.
Ally Carter is a favorite, Kim Harrington, Rachel Hawkins... can't think right now.

message 15: by Arushi (last edited Dec 17, 2011 01:50PM) (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) being a primarily FANTASY romance lover, i can recommend...

Cassandra Clare (mortal instruments series)
Julie Kagawa (iron fey series)
Becca Fitzpatrick (Hush hush series)
Lauren Oliver (delirium) this a dystopian romance book, completely unlike the hunger games though