The Tiger's Wife The Tiger's Wife discussion

Live Video Chat with Téa Obreht

Comments Showing 1-50 of 123 (123 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown Please join us on Thursday, November 10 at 5 pm ET/2 pm PT for a live video chat with Téa Obreht. We'll be discussing her National Book Award-nominated, Goodreads Choice Award-nominated debut novel The Tiger's Wife. Join us!

Wayward Child Join where? How is there supposed to be a live video chat?

Stephanie Remind me about the chat the day before please. Thanks.

message 5: by Dorian (new)

Dorian Dreyfuss Please remind me, I would love to hear what others think.

message 6: by Teralyn (new) - added it

Teralyn Pilgrim Will we be able to watch the chat after it's over? I really really want to do it, but I don't know if I can because I'll be at work.

Jude I would also like to know if it's available afterwards. I haven't finished reading the book yet and would therefore prefer to listen to this when I've finished it.

message 8: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown Yes, it will be available afterwards as a recording.

message 9: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown If you have a question for Téa, please feel free to ask it now.

message 10: by Eric (new)

Eric Senior I wish i will get that opportunity am new in this issue

message 11: by Christine (new)

Christine q What do you do when you get writers block?

Katherine ET? PT? Whatever happened to GMT?

Katherine Q: as the youngest writer to ever win the Orange Prize, any tips for the budding young authors out there?

Multialias Q: How exactly did you conceive "The Deathless Man"?

message 15: by Christine (new)

Christine q When you read do you prefer a print book or on an ereader

aPriL does feral sometimes Brilliant book writer. I'll always be buying her books.

message 17: by Heather (new)

Heather How would you advise inspiring authors to come up with original idea's for a book?

Multialias Q: A lot of your novel is centered around this really fanciful folk lore in a very distinct place. Did you have to do a lot of research to come up with that or did it all come from stories you were told?

message 19: by Christine (new)

Christine Q What is your favorite book? Favorite author?

Rebekah q: is it okay to ask a spoiler question because my book group and I would love to know why the apothecary did what he did to the Tiger's wife. We couldn't figure out why he'd have a drastic change of heart/sensibility.

message 21: by Christine (new)

Christine q Do you have a food or drink that you consume while writing?

message 22: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate Q: How would you describe your writing style, especially in comparison to authors that may have inspired you, and how do you see it evolving into your future?

Diana Raabe Q: What will you be working on next?

message 24: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate Q: I saw a parellel between the tiger's wife and the granddaughter, but felt that the granddaughter for all the violence and potential for harm never received any. Can you elaborate on the intented similarities and differences between these characters?

Raina Q: How is the zoo a metaphor for war within The Tiger's Wife?

Elise How did you approach writing a novel vs short fiction? What surprised you about it? Was your writing process different? Any advice for getting through the first draft?

Elise Q: How did you approach writing a novel vs short fiction? What surprised you about it? Was your writing process different? Any advice for getting through the first draft?

Raina Q: What was the purpose of leaving the tiger's wife pregnancy ambiguous in origin?

Raina How is cultural memory portrayed in regards to violence within the novel?

Kristyn The essay you wrote in The New Yorker over the summer mentioned that you wrote stories when you were young. How do you think that prepared you for serious writing? Also, how has your reading (in your youth and now) influenced your writing?

Kristyn What was it like being a student of T.C. Boyle?

message 32: by Richard (new)

Richard Hi

Sherry Virtz I am receiving a message offline, chat not available. Any help suggestions?

Raina Same here!

message 35: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown Click play again and should start!

Sherry Virtz Hi Tea - sorry technology was not being my friend today. Seems like so long ago the first trip to NAIBA Trade Show!

Raina Are any others still having problems with seeing video?

message 38: by Beth (new)

Beth The video is not loading up for me.

Lauren I cannot see anything

message 40: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown Is anybody seeing the video?

message 41: by Gbo-newyork (new)

Gbo-newyork Any suggestions on how to get the Stream working?

message 42: by Beth (new)

Beth I cannot get the video.

message 43: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Yes, thing on screen just spins.

message 44: by Marina (new)

Marina no video

Elise Same.

message 47: by Michael (new)

Michael Economy livestream is having some issues

Lauren Boo!

message 49: by Sue (new)

Sue I see nothing. Just that more and more viewer are joining and an Offline message.

message 50: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown Sorry about this, folks. We're working to get it up and running.

« previous 1 3