Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Kindle and Other E-Readers > Amazon Lending Announcement!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments Did y'all see Amazon's announcement today that they are offering a library for Amazon Prime Members where you can borrow a book for free from them! It's on their home page, Amazon.com.

What do ya think?

message 2: by Marta (new)

Marta Perry (martaperry) | 61 comments I must run over there and have a look! Thanks for the info, Camille.

Marta

message 3: by Lorie (last edited Nov 03, 2011 01:24PM) (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
Yes I saw that. I've been researching the Kindle Fire. Prime members also get to stream for free and its cheaper than Netflix although I hear Netflix has better offerings. You get one month free trial of Prime when you buy the Kindle Fire.

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand I'd heard they'd be planning on doing something like this. I wonder if it'll be open to UK customers too? We still don't have normal lending yet :( The lending library idea is something I might consider in the future as UK libraries haven't cottoned on to lending ebooks yet and this would be an excellent substitute! I think Amazon own LoveFilm.com in the UK which is pretty much like Netflix?

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Also, moving this to our eReader folder!

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary  O'Brien (nickswifey) | 50 comments What are prime members? Sorry this is the first I have heard=]

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary  O'Brien (nickswifey) | 50 comments Just read about it!