philosophy, psychology and other long words beginning with p. discussion

Experimenting + Investigating with psychology + philosophy

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colt (new)

Colt (colt32) | 14 comments Sweet! Well I need someone to walk around with a pet honey badger to every place for a month and then report the reactions they get!

But no seriously, I may need this topic somewhere down the line, after I write some stuff out and get school out of the way.

message 2: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 19 comments Here, this explains honey badgers...xD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHM...

message 3: by Rafael (new)

Rafael | 6 comments I'm an undergrad and am currently working on some experiments/research. Anyone else here conduct research? I'm always interested in finding new research, so if you do, please share.

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (bkbsmiles) | 134 comments Mod
I am always wondering if there is a correlation between something or often, but I can't always remember the something or others that I think about as it may be a fleeting thought. I do have a keen interest and curiosity in this area though. And for fun, I sometimes check Eureka to see about studies.
http://www.eurekalert.org/econnews.php

message 5: by Rafael (new)

Rafael | 6 comments Thanks for posting that website! One of the first things I looked at were the dates, and they're all new studies, which is great.
And correlational studies are pretty great. Is there a specific area that you have an interest in?
My stuff presently deals mostly with religion and submissiveness. But I really like memory and learning as well. Like learning stereotypes for people from one day to the next. It's all fairly interesting.

message 6: by Barbara (new)

I like studies relating to cognition and learning. But about anything under the sun really. I would be interested to learn more about your present studies and how stereotypes influence memory.

message 7: by Rafael (new)

Rafael | 6 comments The more specific term we use is memory consolidation, which basically translates to learning. When participants learn a stereotype about a person, that stereotype has been seen to generalize to everyone. There is so much more to study on this, but so far that was one effect we've seen. This research also gets into more specific areas, for example: good traits vs. bad traits and which are learned more easily. It's good stuff.

message 8: by Barbara (new)

Thanks for enlightening us.

message 9: by Rodrigo (new)

Rodrigo | 1 comments I like phenomenology studies starting with Husserl, Heidegger, Jean-Paul Sartre and Maurice Merleau-Ponty. And Existential romance like Fiodor Dostoiévski.