City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

Magnus & Will?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Chelsea Just curious. In COFA, they led me to believe that Will and Magnus had a romantic past together..do you think in Clockwork Prince, she will delve into that bit of the story? Or am I wrong in assuming this?

Andrez it's possible, but I hope that's not what happens. I want him married with kids to make sure jace exists in the present :)

george ☽ Magnus and Will? Where in CoFA did they say this? In CA, Magnus said that Will's beauty had never really appealed to him and there is no way that Will is gay, He loves Tessa! So I dont think so.

Valerie Will and Magnus? What??!!!!!!!!! But then again I haven't read CoFA yet, I need to get to it.

Whitney I don't believe there was a romantic past. Magnus remembers Will because Will went to see him to try to get help about his sticky situation with him and Tessa. (Remember, she can't have kids). Will was very troubled and very skilled so I think the Clockwork Prince Magnus will be in the story more.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Whitney wrote: "I don't believe there was a romantic past. Magnus remembers Will because Will went to see him to try to get help about his sticky situation with him and Tessa. (Remember, she can't have kids). Will..."

yea, what she said.

Lavender ;D I had to admit I was a bit suspicious when he locked the door. Hahahahahaha.

Clara City of Fallen Angels (for Noor *Living In A Dream*). and no I don't think they have a romantic past though I am a little skeptical about why Magnus locked the door... and Magnus did say that black hair and blue eyes was his favorite combination in looks...

Keona Chandler Clara wrote: "City of Fallen Angels (for Noor *Living In A Dream*). and no I don't think they have a romantic past though I am a little skeptical about why Magnus locked the door... and Magnus did say that black..."

yet he also said that will was too bad boy he is. too mistiries.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Eeesh
Scary thought
I would be soooooo heartbroken!

Charlotte Bryant NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chelsea Okay. Remember in COFA, towards the end..after Alec releases Camille from being chained up..and Magnus finds him in the room..and Alec asks Magnus who Will is? Because Camille had mentioned Will as a part of their past. So it seemed to me like Magnus had feelings for Will, but my guess is the feelings weren't returned by Will.

Clara hmm don't remember that...

Charlotte Bryant i remember that!!!

message 15: by Sami (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sami im so confused rite now

Clara why????????

Chelsea Okay. I've figured it out. I was wrong about the setting of where this conversation took place. So it began when the shadow hunter's had Camille locked up in the sanctuary and she wanted to speak to Magnus. She mentioned this line: "Remember London? The parties at De Quincey's? Remember Will Herondale? I know you do. That boy of yours, that Lightwood. They even look alike."
"Do they?" Magnus said as if he had never thought about it.
"Pretty boys have always been your undoing," she said.

Then later, when they are at the engagement party- Magnus and Alec get into a bit of a tiff. This is what was said:

Alec raised his blue eyes. "Who's *Will*?"
Magnues exhaled a sort of laugh. "Will. dear God. That was a long time ago. Will was a shadow hunter, like you. And yes, he did look like you, but you're not anything like him. Jace is much more the way Will was, in personality at least-and my relationship with you is nothing like the one I had with Will. Is *that* what's bothering you?"
"I don't like thinking you're only with me because I look like some dead guy you liked."
"I never said that. Camille implied it. She is a master of implication and manipulation. She always has been."
"You didn't tell her she was wrong."
"If you let Camille. She will attack you on every front. Defend one front, and she will attack another. The only way to deal with her is to pretend she isn't getting to you."
"She said pretty boys were your undoing." Alec said. "Which makes it sound like I'm just one in a long line of toys for you. One dies, or goes away, you get another one. I'm nothing. I'm-trivial."
"Alexander--"

Ahhhh so there we have it. (And yes, i typed that whole thing out myself!!) Either Camille is the master of deception that Magnus claims..or he did have some feelings for Will that may be delved into further in the next clockwork novel.

Stormy Allen nah i dont think so. i think that will went to magnus asking for him to look after tessa when he was gone. i just have that odd feeling that it had something to do with tessa.

Azhia Nah , Mangus just had a little crush no biggie.

Kathy i second Charlotte NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Keona Chandler Chelsea wrote: "Okay. I've figured it out. I was wrong about the setting of where this conversation took place. So it began when the shadow hunter's had Camille locked up in the sanctuary and she wanted to speak t..."

I THINK ITS AWSOME HOW YOU WENT THROUGH TYPING OUT THE PART FOR US I HAD NO IDEA WHRE TO LOOK. WELL EXCEPT THE FIRST ONE I KNEW THAT ONE. FORGOT THE DETAILS OF THE LAST ONE.

Emily Nothing will be happening between Magnus and Will. But the problem at the end of the book is giving me the idea that Will has goene to Magnus for help more times than this.