Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

Chit Chat > Books/Ebooks/Audio books?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) I read all of the above! I have three ereaders, 2 Sony's and a Kindle, I download audio books onto my laptop and ipod for the car and I also use the library for audio (cd) books. I have a huge collection of both hardback and paperback books in my library.

message 2: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) Hey Vicky!!

I listen to audio books and read hard and paperbacks.

I also have a Soney eReader but use it very little.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather Doherty | 96 comments Good question! I mainly read hardcovers from the library. My local has a very nice online request system, so I can usually request and receive within a few days.I use my Kindle (a surprise, no reason gift from my excellent husband) for the ones I can't wait for or know I will reread. Hubby drives a truck for a living and has recently become addicted to audio books (also from the library, since he goes through one in a day and a half).

message 4: by Melki (new)

Melki My mind wanders too much for audio books, though if I spent a lot of time in my car, I'm sure I'd be listening.
My husband has an Entourage Edge for which he downloaded a Kindle app, so I have about a dozen books on there.

BUT --- out of sight, out of mind. When choosing what to read next, I automatically gravitate to my bedside stacks, and forget about all the ebooks waiting for me.

message 5: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (caro7) I read regular books. I just prefer them. The only way I would ever have an e-reader is if someone gave me one; I don't like them for a few reasons. Audio books don't interest me, and I don't drive far enough regularly for them to make sense anyway.

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol (actutor) Vicky,
I usually read books in print format. My children gave me an e-reader for Christmas last year, and it did come loaded with 100 classics. That was good, so I don't feel obligated to buy additional ones. I take it with me occasionally, but I stick with my current book collection.

message 7: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 157 comments I'm a fan of actual books, paperback or hardback I'm not too bothered. I have a PSP that I have converted into an e-reader but I only ever use it for free ebooks, can't ever see me spending money on e-books when I can by the actual book.

I've never tried audiobooks but I think my mind would wander too much, even in the car where I tend to pass the time swearing and abusing other road-users...not that I have a problem with road rage mind you!

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) I have just listened to Horns by Joe Hill which was excellent.

message 9: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) Lynne - The Book Squirrel wrote: "I have just listened to Horns by Joe Hill which was excellent."

Adding to my wish list!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Horns (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Joe Hill (other topics)