We love Susan Mallery! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Folders > Delicious SM Group Read - November

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) Delicious (Buchanans, #1) by Susan Mallery - Our Susan Mallery Group Read for this month!

Discuss!

☼ What are your thoughts as you start the book?
☼ What do you think about second chance romances? Do they ever really work out?
☼ Is there a character with which you can identify?
☼ Any other thoughts?

message 2: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ I ♥ this whole series, still need to read Tempting (Buchanans, #4) by Susan Mallery . I really liked Penny - strong enough to stand on her own but willing to try again - not sure I would after having been married to him and then giving him another try - ummmmm prob not but hey that's me. All I can say about the grandma - total ick factor,lol

message 3: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) I love the 2nd chance stories in fiction...in reality he would've been SoL. :) The grandmother is a piece of work. Nasty.

message 4: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ ~Jennifer~ wrote: "I love the 2nd chance stories in fiction...in reality he would've been SoL. :) The grandmother is a piece of work. Nasty."

SOL totally agree,lol

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) I read this as one of my challenge books, along with the rest of the series. I love SM's work. Although some of the characters drive me crazy.! Penny was a great character, not at all boring, and ready to take on whatever life threw at her basically.
Grandmother Gloria was just nothing but nasty, and believe me, she doesn't improve! I loved Penny's comment about her, "she just needs to get laid"!!!!
In real life.. I don't think second chance relationships on the whole work out! Hey, you've been there once, didn't like it.. move on!
Naomi was a great friend to Penny, and has her own problems,but it was Dani I really felt for.
It was nice that this was a series with a family of (mainly) boys this time, the last SM books I've read have all been sister stories, so this was a nice change.

Shellbelle  | 1168 comments Mod
I just started this book, and I'm hoping it will get me out of my reading funk! If anyone can do it it's Susan Mallery!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

This is the second time that I'm reading this story. I didn't like it the first time I read it. I thought that Cal was a selfish prick and Penny was just bitter.

The second time around, I loved it. I don't know if I was just in a bad mood when I first read it. Cal wasn't selfish, just a bit over protective but didn't handle it the right way.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.