Creative Reviews discussion

Member's Blog's, Twitters...etc > Christmas Lites Needs YOU!

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Hey all!
Well our publishing date for the firs ever Creative Reviews Anthology is coming quick!!
We have a cover and a book trailer. We are setting up the charity fund and we are almost finished with the editing and formatting....

Its been a crazy busy time and we appreciate everything everyone has been doing to help out.

I am putting out a call to all our bloggers, FB peeps and tweeters (is that a word?) to please help us with the promotion. We want to spread the word far and wide so this book gets out there. You want your stories read and we also want to be able to give to charity.

Please, if anyone can do a blog feature or a post to FB and twitter let me know and I will get some things set up.

As for blog posts, I can write up something and send it to you all and we can come up with a time to begin posting. OR you can do your own feature.

Please let me know if anyone is willing to help.

thank you!

message 2: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Kristufek | 181 comments I'd be happy to do a blog feature! Send me whatever you have and when you want it run. I'll probably also do my own, just to make sure word gets out. Thanks!

message 3: by Heidi (last edited Nov 03, 2011 08:39AM) (new)

Heidi (heidirainydayramblings) | 59 comments Cambria you know I will help you.

message 4: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments You know I am there. One of my stories is there and I believe in the causes. I have a blog post about the anthology on my schedule and I would LOVE to interview one of you about it!

(yeah, I don't usually ask the questions in an interview but for this I will try my hand at it.)

Splitter

message 5: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Sounds great Guys!!!! Tricia let me know what you want to do.

Splitter- interview whoever you want about it!!! Let me know who you want to interview. I am open and Jenn and Amy are too I am sure. thanks!
by the way- i haven't forgotten about the blog post I am doing on writing for you. :)

message 6: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments I asked Amy....no pressure, Amy :).

I have stuff scheduled with you, Cambria, and Jenn so I am going for the moderator trifecta lol.

Splitter

message 7: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Great!!! It will be an awesome interview!

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidirainydayramblings) | 59 comments Cambria wrote: "Great!!! It will be an awesome interview!"

Hey you! Just posted my review for you!

message 9: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Hey! Thanks!! ;)

message 10: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Ford (lizzyford) | 30 comments I can do a blog feature. Is this post-release or pre-release? Just curious ... if you use a twitter tag, I'll happily retweet it .. And I can post to my FB author's page on release day to let Lizzyland minions know ...

message 11: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) Feel free to send me a "press release" or a blurb or anything about it, and I'll post it on my blog. It can be also after the release with all those neat "buy" links at the bottom, if you wish. I don't care if it's something you wrote for somebody else, BTW, as long as it tells about the anthology and where to find it! :-)

message 12: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Great Lizzy and Barbara! We appreciate the help. I haven't really thought about post or pre release. We could do a combination of posts. Some of us do before, some os us after...

message 13: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments I will do a blog feature too - might be worth setting up a webpage somewhere with all the links for the various Amazon / Smashwords pages, a brief blurb, and the cover image (when can we see it, btw??) so anyone wanting to blog it can just go there for all the info.

The other thing that might be worth doing would be to send out an email to all the members - you mods can do that I think, and if you put in the details and just get people to cut and paste it onto FB / Twitter / their blog / email people, at least a proportion of members might be up for that.

Also, we're all members of multiple groups. If we make a point of mentioning it in our other groups - ONLY where appropriate as we don't want to spam, and it may be worth checking with the mods first - that would be a fair bit of coverage on GR.

Can we do a giveaway of a hard copy or two here on GR? I don't mind sorting that out if you want, as I have the advertising acct set up on here already. Might not do more than let people know that it's there, but all exposure has got to be good!

And lastly, if you let us know the URLs on Amazon, any of us with books out after the anthology could add it to the list of "Other books by this author", maybe?

Or if none of that seems practical, ignore all of the above....!

JAC

message 14: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments JA-
These are all good ideas! We are planning to release the cover and trailer on the 9th. I will be sending out event invites thru GR and FB to evryone so please pass them to your friends.
I plan to also write up a general blog post with all the info in it and the cover and ordering info and i will give that to any blogger who wants it. Then they can post that and/or add there own post with it.
I will see about getting the book added into the GR system. I dont have a problem at all with the authors that hv stories in the book to add it to their page as "other works by this author" its great promo and if you have a story in the book u have right to add it.
In fact I would like to add the book to my author page and also add the trailer for it to my profile, does anyone object? It will give the book more exsposure and as u all know I am working hard to drive traffic to my site anyway bc of my other releases.
As for a webpage.... I like the idea, to be honest I do not have time to set one up. I can add the book to my author website with ordering info and if anyone who has a story in the book has a website/blog would like to do the same you are welcome. You may also put up the links to buy.
We dont have the links to buy it yet but when we do i will blast them out here!!
And yes i think a giveaway is a great idea!! More to come on that later!

message 15: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments Yep, I think those of us with sites/blogs should put it up for exposure for the book.

You guys are awesome.

Splitter

message 16: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Awesome!!!!

message 17: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Ford (lizzyford) | 30 comments Post release (Or day of release) may work better for my minions, simply because I know a few of them will go out and buy it when I feature something. So, I can do a day-of or post-release book feature ...

message 18: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Kristufek | 181 comments Cambria, send the general book info blog my way, I'll probably add to it when I put it up. I'll wait until the trailer and cover are up, so it'll be maybe next weekend.

message 19: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments sounds good Tricia! And Lizzy that sounds great too!!!
thanks!

The event invites have been sent!

message 20: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) You guys are all so amazing!
Thanks for your help on this!
Amy and cambria are working their fingers to the bone to get this done and out there.

message 21: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) And we will spread the word! :-D
Don't forget to send also a message to all members like someone has suggested so we can copy/paste it everywhere...
We shall be banned for spamming from all social networks, bwahaha!!

message 22: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Barbara wrote: "And we will spread the word! :-D
Don't forget to send also a message to all members like someone has suggested so we can copy/paste it everywhere...
We shall be banned for spamming from all socia..."

Nah it takes like 2500 tweets from one person in one day to go to official twitter jail.
Yep, twitter has a jail from what I hear.
Oooooo contest idea!!!!

message 23: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments heheheh Jenn that's evil!!

Fwded invite on FB to everyone I thought wouldn't mind the spam, so the circle is widening a little!
JAC

message 24: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) J.A. wrote: "heheheh Jenn that's evil!!

Fwded invite on FB to everyone I thought wouldn't mind the spam, so the circle is widening a little!
JAC"

Evil? Me? But what if the ends justify the means;)
Thanks for the shout outs on fb!

message 25: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Thanks JA!

message 26: by Nora (new)

Nora Weston (noraweston) | 122 comments What fun! I'd love to have you visit the Noracast. :)
Feel free to contact me! noraweston.nw@gmail.com