Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > LizH's October Reads

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Still not up to my regular totals...
54. Hard to Hold by Stephanie Tyler 10-4-11
55. Language of Flowers by Valerie Diffenbaugh 10-17-11
56. The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks 10-27-11
57. Coming Home (Chesapeake Diaries 1) by Mariah Stewart 10-31-11

message 2: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Your totals are still impressive to me. I've heard mixed things about Language of Flowers. Did you enjoy it?

message 3: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Thanks Marcy, I would prefer 6-8 books a month, but the weather here has been so so nice and we were still involved in football stuff, so not much reading time. Now the weather has taken a turn and football is over so now I just need some good reads!

I LOVED Language of Flowers, I thought it was a great read! I can see where there might be a few negatives but I enjoyed it. Was not impressed the the Sparks, way too predictable. I started Nora Robert's new one on Tuesday, and she is always excellent. But I hope to get into some mystery/thrillers soon!

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments Liz - I always hope for 6-8 books a month too, I rarely get that many in these days though.
LizH wrote: "I would prefer 6-8 books a month, but the weather here has been so so nice and ...."

message 5: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Ann, are you liking Night Circus? That is next on my list...

message 6: by Ann (last edited Nov 05, 2011 07:34AM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments Liz: Yes, I am enjoying The Night Circus. It started a little slow in the set-up; for an audio book, a richly described setting and characters is ideal, this had a bit more description and a bit less plot balance than I preferred at first. I was still hooked on it though and am midway through and loving it! I think you will like it too.

message 7: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 1371 comments LizH wrote: "Thanks Marcy, I would prefer 6-8 books a month, but the weather here has been so so nice and we were still involved in football stuff, so not much reading time. Now the weather has taken a turn and..."

I also liked Language of Flowers very much. Characters that are on the margins of society who overcome the obstacles they face are very inspiring.