Q&A with Marie Treanor discussion

Vampires!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie Treanor | 24 comments Mod
If you have more general questions or comments about vampires and the paranormal, let's do it here.

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 3 comments How did you decide which direction to take your vampires' origins?

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) I bow to you for the completeness of a wonderful world you built for them.

message 4: by Marie (new)

Michelle (Reading Lark) wrote: "How did you decide which direction to take your vampires' origins?"

Well, I wanted Saloman to stand out from other vampires as well as humans, so I made him older and wiser, and being the last of his race gave him a kind of tragedy that I liked. It also covered the knotty problem as to how vampires came to be in the first place.

I was always drawn to the idea of Saloman being so ancient, having existed through so much experience, pain and power that now it's diffciult for him to relate to others of any race. But until he meets Elizabeth, he doesn't really want to, not beyond a certain point. He's so suprememly confident of his own power and his own rightness that he doesn't really need relationships. OR so he thinks. But betrayals still hurt him, and Elizabeth still touches him, so he was never quite as distant as he imagined.

Does that make sense? :)

Marie

message 5: by Marie (new)

Cindy wrote: "I bow to you for the completeness of a wonderful world you built for them."

Aw, thank you, Cindy! The world just seemed to grow around the characters, so I feel I shouldn't really take credit for it :).

Marie

message 6: by Marie (new)

I'm drawn most to vampire bad boys, or at least to vampires who don't behave with human values and instincts. Sometimes it's hard to get the balance right for a vampire who's also a romantic hero - he just can't be TOO evil!

So which are your favourite bad-ass vampires? At the moment I've got rather fond of Bones in Jeaniene Frost's series...

Marie

message 7: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) J.R. Wards Vampires...RHAGE has always been my Favorite! He can change into a dragon and eat what bugs him or threatens those he loves. Although BAD indegestion is the after result. *whispers* I would buy stock in Pepto-bismol! }:)

message 8: by Marie (new)

:) Yes, with a bit of peptobismol, I'm sure indigenstion is a small price to pay for eating your enemies :).

Marie