Q&A with Marie Treanor discussion

The AWAKENED BY BLOOD Trilogy

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie Treanor | 24 comments Mod
What would you like to know about BLOOD ON SILK, BLOOD SIN OR BLOOD ETERNAL? Ask away!

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 3 comments Are we going to see more of these characters in a different story/series? What is the background of the Ancients?

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) I think a good spin-off would be the baby...and what powers she will be born with. Healing, spell casting, knowledge before hand of natural disasters? Or the possibility of a romance between Mihaela and Max???

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary Are you going to continue the series?

message 5: by Marie (new)

Michelle (Reading Lark) wrote: "Are we going to see more of these characters in a different story/series? What is the background of the Ancients?"

Hi Michelle!

Good questions :). I have no immediate plans to follow the series further. It was always meant to be a trilogy and I moved on to other things. However, the characters haven't ever left me alone, and I would like to go back to them one day and take their story forward.

I see the Ancients as a race which is similar to humans but which evolved earlier and differently. Because of their similarity in appearance, the two races once lived side by side, with the Ancients using their greater gifts and knowledge to protect and help the humans they lived among. With time, Ancients became advisers to the great leasders of the world, until religious dogma made them into evil enemies.

One of the Ancients' gifts was to bestow immortality on the favoured few of their race who were deemed most worthy - at the price of drinking a little blood. But living among humans brought human diseases, some of which Ancients had no immunity to and the race began to die out, leaving only the immortal undead. In an effort to keep their numbers up, some Ancients made some humans immortal too, and so the lesser race of human-hybrid vampires was born. They created new vampires without attention to the Ancient Laws and were much more chaotic and unruly and murderous, which also helped to turn humans against all the undead. The hybrids quickly outnumbered the Ancients, who gradually ceased to exist through boredom or insanity, if they weren't murdered by humans or vampires. So Luk and Saloman were the last of their kind.

Too much information? :)

Marie

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) Never too much information...I live in the stories I read...as a little bird I think, tipping my head in curiosity. So even if a story is done...I can see the world they lived in as still existing. There are more stories in that world, they just haven't been written...YET! This little bird is going to fluff her feathers and tuck her beak under her wing and snooze for a bit...Lovely reading BTW

message 7: by Marie (new)

Cindy wrote: "I think a good spin-off would be the baby...and what powers she will be born with. Healing, spell casting, knowledge before hand of natural disasters? Or the possibility of a romance between Miha..."

Hi Cindy!

Yes, the baby does offer huge possibilities for the future :). And I'm glad you spotted that moment between Maximilian and Mihaela - I may well take that further one day!

Marie

message 8: by Marie (new)

Mary wrote: "Are you going to continue the series?"

Hi Mary!

I'm not sure, to be honest. I've been side-tracked with other things and part of me thinks that the story's in a good place to just leave. On the other hand, I do have ideas and the characters do move on in my head, so I might write it one day :).

Marie

message 9: by Marie (new)

Cindy wrote: "Never too much information...I live in the stories I read...as a little bird I think, tipping my head in curiosity. So even if a story is done...I can see the world they lived in as still existi..."

Nice imagery, Cindy :)Sleep well! And I quite understand about living in stories - enjoy :).

Marie

message 10: by Mary (new)

Mary Well Maria, I have to say I would absolutely love it if you did. But I completely understand your side of it as well. You never want to force a book. :)

message 11: by Marie (new)

I must admit that I got very fond of some of my secodary characters in the trilogy. Just for curiosity's sake, are there any of them you'd particularly like to have their own story?

Marie

message 12: by Mary (new)

Mary I would really love to hear more about Maximillian personally. :) He seemed like a good person to create a new story off of. He's mysterious, talented and has an interesting moral code.