GoodGames discussion

Games: Reviews/Suggestions > Call of Duty...watch out for Ala and his 50 cal!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Burns (TheFailedPhilosopher) | 105 comments Mod
I know our newest 360er plays it so here's the thread.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

*camps out on high ground with a 50 cal, waiting*

message 3: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I forget the name of it now, but my brother and his buddy used to play the PS2 version of CoD and I liked watching them, but I hated playing it. I can't do anything with the double analogue stick thing. I have no dexterity in my right thumb apparently, because I spend the entire time looking at the sky/the ground/the sky/the ground I could make you puke with the swivel and pan trying to get control. It's ridiculous!

KillZone, that was the name of it. I loved watching that game.

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) Hubby used to play CoD - MW1 - every single day, in fact.

Then he got CoD MW2 and wasn't too impressed. Something changed in the game play? So I have said I won't buy CoD MW3 but I'll get him the new Madden when it comes out.

Yes. I do buy him games. My g/f's would trip, lol.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

The change from MW1 to MW2 wasn't that drastic, really. Mostly just tweaks and whatnot.

The change from MW1/MW2 to WaW or BlackOps is pretty big, though.

MW3 should be a return to the MW1/MW2 style though. So maybe he'll like it?

message 6: by Paolo (new)

Paolo (paolovf) Anyone play MW3 yet? Any good?

I've seen some let's plays on Youtube and the story mode looks awesome.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 15, 2011 05:50AM) (new)

Played since day one, here's my review of MW3

Single Player
The modern warfare campaigns are known for being rather violent and visceral. From the nuked scene in MW1 to the rather gratuitous airport scene in MW2. The slow-mo breaching, the sudden drops and "ohshitdogs!" moments and the final slowmo boss showdowns.

This time out they've gone pretty much overboard on every front. Bigger explosions, more enemies, more last ditch saves, more slow mo, another big bad final boss battle showdown and even a scene of revenge fantasy fulfillment.

It's all over the top, probably a bit too much, but still a fun 4-6 hours.

Multiplayer
Everything you liked about 1 and 2 only with a slightly new skin, new maps, and a new kit system. More of the same, basically. Enough new/different for me to enjoy but it's really not worth it for most folks.

Overall
This series has gone the full Madden. Same game as last year only with an updated roster. This is probably the last entry inthe series I'll purchase. From here on it'll only be rentals.

7 out of 10

message 8: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Ala, are you exclusive to the XBox?

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 15, 2011 02:11PM) (new)

It's my main gaming system. I have access to a wii and a ps3 but rarely play them.

message 10: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) You might really like Uncharted 3 on PS3!

message 11: by Mach (new)

Mach | 3 comments how is it compared to Battlefield 3? anyone have both?

message 12: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) No idea, Mach. Sorry. I don't play those games, I've tried Kill Zone with my brother, but I can't manoeuvre both analog sticks at the same time. I spend the entire time looking at the sky then the floor then the sky then the floor etc...

message 13: by Jaeson (new)

Jaeson | 2 comments Mach wrote: "how is it compared to Battlefield 3? anyone have both?"
i dont have ethier but i play it at my freinds house and i think Battefield is better