Feminist Science Fiction & Fantasy discussion

Gender in SFF Reading Challenge 2012

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Pippi Bluestocking (pippibluestocking) | 1 comments Hi everyone. I thought you might be interested in this small reading challenge I am hosting:

http://cynicalbookworm.blogspot.com/2...

It focuses on the 'canon' of gender/feminist SFF, with a few interesting additions. You're welcome to participate and share your reviews. I was very hesitant to make it because anything that has the title of 'feminist' is apparently a no-no (I even got some 'friendly' banter from -female, yes, female- friends when they saw how I stated explicitly on my blog that I'm a feminist). But I did it anyway, so I can share the pleasure with people like you and perhaps help those interested have a starting point.

I think more people need to know about the awesome books that exist out there, so feel free to share :)

message 2: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (seffietay) Great list of books!!

message 3: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Ramseyer How did you like TSTS? I read it last year or the year before last, and really enjoyed it.

Theresa

Jaq wrote: "I was going to ask what constitutes feminist SFF but the list gives a good idea. As it happens I read The Ship That Sang with a local SFF group recently."