Book Haven discussion

Buddy Reads > Book2Movie - Challenge 2012 - any ideas?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina ♥ Bookaholic (last edited Nov 03, 2011 02:13PM) (new)

Tina ♥ Bookaholic (martinabookaholic) Hey guys,
I don't know where to put this topic, so I choose this folder. :)

I've seen that many of you have an own blog and some of you also participate at some different challenges.

I've got the idea to make a 2012 'Book to Movie' - Challenge , in which I want to read with my friends 12 books and review them and afterwards to watch the movie to the book and review the movie as well and find the differences between the book and the movie.

It would be great if some of you want to join our challenge because I think it's more interesting to have more people who join the same goal.
And I don't think it's very hard to read 12 book in a whole year - so that won't (hopefully) be a problem. :)

For now - till the middle of December I thought this thread here would be great to find some terms how the people can choose the books for the challenge.
here are some examples:

Read a book ...

1: ... which was written for the movie

2: ... which was made for/into a TV-Series

3: ... which is a book classic and was made to a movie after the year 2000.

4: ... where the movie is more famous than the book

5: ... where the movie is very, very different from the book.

6: ... where the movie is coming up to the cinema 2012

7: ... which is playing in the future (Sci Fi, Dystopia,...)

8: ... which focus on social critic problems (rassism, violence, misogny,...)

9: ... which is set in Asia or Africa

So - who wants to join?
Does someone of you have any more ideas? (we need 12 different categories which will be chosen at the and of the month). And then everyone of you can chose a book he/she likes to read in this category - we don't have to read the same book, we just have to read a book which suites the different categories.

(For example: Point 2: a book which was made for/ into a TV Series:
And then eveyone can choose a book he wants in this category. Maybe I would choose Gossip Girl, you would choose Vampires Diaries and another one would choose another book + tv series. Got the idea?)

And you can even decide by yourself which category you want to read firs and how you want to order them.
I would be glad to hear from you :)

Tina ♥ Bookaholic (martinabookaholic) I'm ready with the post and the button.
Go here now for the exact informations! :)
thanks

http://martinabookaholic.wordpress.co...

Tina ♥ Bookaholic (martinabookaholic) So, I've already made a first list of books I'm thinking about reading. But it's just a draft and not fix yet. Maybe everyone can made a little list here to inspire also the other fellowers :)

1. ... - 'Lord of the rings#1' oder 'Harry Potter 1' or 'The Chronicles of Narnia' or 'the silence of the lambs'

2. … - 'Carries Life-Sex in the City' or 'Vampire Diaries' or 'Gossip Girl' or 'Pretty Little Liars' or 'Lipstick Jungle'

3. … - 'Peter Pan' or 'Notre Dame' or 'Animal Farm' or 'the neverending story'

4. … - 'Shutter Island'(Leo DiC.) or 'Inkheart' (Brandon Fraser) or 'Stardust'

5. … - 'Pride and Prejudice' or 'The picture of Dorian Gray'

6. … - 'Red Riding Hood', 'Shutter Island' or'I'm number four'

7. … - 'Der Knochenmann'(The bone man')

8. … - 'PS: I love you' oder 'Time Traveler's Wife' oder 'The silence of the lambs'

9. … - 'The wave' oder 'Desert Flower' 'The Pianist'

10. … - 'The scarlett red letter' oder 'Pride and Prejudice'

11. … - 'Blindness'(future) or 'The White Massai'

12. … - I really hope for 'Hunger Games' or 'The Hobbit'

message 4: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 344 comments Books to Movies. Almost every good movie is derived from a book. For 2012 The Hobbit & John Carter of Mars(fantasy romace)are my picks.

message 5: by ☆∞Love (new)

☆∞Love Frances∞☆ (literaryfollies) | 1 comments Is it too late to join?

message 6: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments I'd suggest MASH by Richard Hooker ... made into a Great Movie & a TV series.

message 7: by Joe (new)

Joe (skinsjoe) | 100 comments I would like to see the The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima. I think that would make a great series teenagers and adults. On the adult side...Amazonia by James Rollins. That would make an excellent movie. Any of his books would.

message 8: by Cary (last edited Feb 01, 2012 06:36AM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 344 comments These are books for 2012. But I gottah mention this book. Escape from Laos by Dieter Dengler. Made into the movie Rescue Dawn. Dengler shot down in his Navy Corsair fighter over North Vietnam Feb 2 1966,is the only U.S. Soldier to ever escape a Pathet Lao or North Vietnamese prison camp. One other Thai soldier escaped with him. Great book and not a bad film.