Australia discussion

Bringing Books to Readers > Book publicity

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AusLit (new)

AusLit | 56 comments Mod
Today is the launch of WBOOKS, the new book publicity arm of established North Sydney based firm Watterson Marketing Communications.

WBOOKS is headed by Sydney novelist (and screenwriter, non-fiction author, journalist and writing teacher) Jonathan Englert, who is originally from New York.

http://auslit.net/2011/11/03/wbook-bo...

message 2: by Robert (new)

Robert Boyle (Urgus) | 4 comments You might find my experience with paid advertising interesting in the context of this thread. I'm in Brisbane but sought a bigger market for my historical fantasy eBook published in July. I paid $US 375 for an advert in the US online and print magazine 'Realms of Fantasy". My daughter is a keen magazine reader and drew my attention to it. It is a fine, well done product, with very attractive illustrations.

My ad was in the October edition and it looks great. But, few sales (less than 5?) have resulted. Hopefully a few more are on the way.

However, the editor has noted on their site that the magazine has been losing money, and the October edition, the hundredth issue, will be the last if a new owner cannot be found.

I had been toying with the idea of repeating the advert in the next issue - reinforcing the message, so to speak. But that's not to be.

A pity. And sorry to see the magazine go. The publishing industry is tough, not just in Australia. But I suppose we all know that.