The Sword and Laser discussion

Book suggestions for the S&L calendar

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ben (new)

Ben | 116 comments After listening to #80, I thought it might be useful to have a specific thread listing forthcoming stuff some of us know about already that other group members might find interesting.

For starters:

The Walking Dead, Vol. 15: We Find Ourselves(trade paperback collecting issues #85-90) is coming out on December 20, according to Amazon.

message 2: by aldenoneil (last edited Nov 02, 2011 10:11PM) (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments I think, collectively, we should ask authors to put a hold on anything new for a while. There's so much out there - we need to let existing fiction marinate for a bit. I constantly complain about my backlog, and it's not getting any shorter. So - let's all just think about it. Can we?

message 3: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6090 comments There's a new Walking Dead novel too: The Walking Dead Rise of the Governor by Robert Kirkman

message 4: by Nick (new)

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments Tamahome wrote: "There's a new Walking Dead novel too: The Walking Dead Rise of the Governor by Robert Kirkman"
I'm guessing this book is supposed to engender sympathy for the devil? I've read everything up until the last two issues. I'm curious to see what they do in the TV series when they introduce the Governor.

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael (kovaelin) | 30 comments Is there actually a S&L "calendar"?

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2832 comments Michael wrote: "Is there actually a S&L "calendar"?"
Tom said an episode or so ago that he was going to make one.

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne Schüßler (anneschuessler) | 828 comments There is an S&L calendar on the official website, but it's the books V&T present in the general calendar each show and the book picks for the group. Not sure if it's clear what I'm trying to say. Oh well, it's Friday. I need a break. ;)

message 8: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4117 comments Is it possible to create a public Google calendar, so people could just post releases on there? Give Tom and Veronica a hand?

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2832 comments terpkristin wrote: "Is it possible to create a public Google calendar, so people could just post releases on there? Give Tom and Veronica a hand?"
Great idea!

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2832 comments Anne wrote: "There is an S&L calendar on the official website, but it's the books V&T present in the general calendar each show and the book picks for the group. Not sure if it's clear what I'm trying to say. O..."
Oh well the calendar Tom was talking about was not the usual S&L calendar of books we're reading, but of all new swordy and lasery releases.