Stephen King Fans discussion

The Stand: Captain Trips
This topic is about The Stand
Graphic Novels > The Stand-graphic novel

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angie | 2535 comments Mod
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...

Has anyone read these yet?

Rick | 37 comments Yes, I have. I really enjoyed it. They did a much better job adapting this than they've done doing the Dark Tower graphic adaptations. MUCH BETTER.

Lynnette Johnson | 11 comments First time I have bought and read a graphic novel was The Stand. Since it's my favorite King novel, I had some trepidation about the graphic version, but I really enjoyed it and have the first 3 compilations so far. They did a great job with that story.

message 4: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 4 stars

I like these. I am waiting for my library to get more.. I wasn't sure I would like the Stand series but it's great. Kind of like getting a shortened version of the book.

message 5: by Doreen (new)

Doreen Petersen | 244 comments Have seen the mini-series many, many times and am enjoying the book much more. There is more detail and the stories about the backgrounds of the main characters is phenomenal!

message 6: by Doreen (new)

Doreen Petersen | 244 comments Enter Randall Flagg, the epitome of evil. Ever since watching the mini-series and now reading the book everytime I see a black crow I want to look up and call it Randall.

Andrea Leoni | 180 comments thanks for the advice..right now I'm reading the comic version of the Dark Tower and I'm enjoying it, but I know what to get next...

message 8: by Doreen (new)

Doreen Petersen | 244 comments Andrea wrote: "thanks for the advice..right now I'm reading the comic version of the Dark Tower and I'm enjoying it, but I know what to get next..."

You'll really enjoy this book Andrea!

message 9: by Doreen (new)

Doreen Petersen | 244 comments Just finished reading this book today and was blown away by the ending! The mini-series was very good but I think not including the ending as it was written in the book did a grave disservice to the book.

message 10: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 4 stars

OH WOW!! Doreen I didn't know that. I had stopped reading them and now I am intrigued to go and finish to see the ending in the comic.

message 11: by Jim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim Peterson | 10 comments I thought I'd add that the fourth comic in the series has US maps that outline the most important stops on the journeys Stu Redmann, Larry Underwood and Trashy. I love maps in books :)

message 12: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Echevarria (gabrielzero) Any references to the Dark Tower or the Man in Black in this book so far?

Scott Rees | 14 comments Matthewcross87 wrote: "I've finally collected them all and have recently started reading them , its fantastic , i also love that its based on the uncut version of the stand !"

They are pretty cool, also if you ever get the chance I highly recommend the dark tower series of graphic novels. I must warn you in advance though they don't follow the novels like the Stand does, they tell side stories they go into more detail with things like Roland becoming a gunslinger, Rolands time in Hambry and his meeting Susan Delgado and they go into a great deal of detail with the fall of Gilead. They expand well on the lesser parts of the novels.

Kandice | 3915 comments In addition to giving you "extra" stories in the Dark Tower universe, the graphic novels give you a ton of lore and folk tales. I have the big leather bound collection, so don't know if everything is included with the individual editions, but Furth does such a good job of building a complete universe with these.