Sci Fi Adventure Club discussion

Group Talk > Group News

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bella (new)

Bella  (ellectric) | 56 comments Mod
I've added 5 upcoming books to the group. I think I'll keep it at that for now. If you have anymore suggestions, feel free to add them to the suggestion topic section in Group Talk board.Remember group book dates are subject to change.

message 2: by Bella (new)

We have 5 members now, feel free to invite others.I'll reply to your topics tomorrow.I'm going to bed soon. Thank you all for joining. :)

message 3: by Bella (new)

I'm just letting everyone know,that I'm changing the dates of the books,except for Stone Rose..because of Script Frenzy.

message 4: by kenzie (new)

kenzie (theabsolutedream) Hey! Am I supposed to introduce myself?

message 5: by Bella (new)

Kenzie wrote: "Hey! Am I supposed to introduce myself?"

Yes. Please do. Welcome to the group, Kenzie. : )

message 6: by kenzie (new)

kenzie (theabsolutedream) :) Thanks! Well, I'm Kenzie, as it says. And I'm rather a Whonatic. :)8

message 7: by CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (last edited Mar 07, 2012 08:14AM) (new)

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 26 comments "Whonatic" that is a new one. I prefer "Whovian" I have also seen one person use "Wholigan", but I don't like that one it sounds like a bad thing.

AnyWHO I am looking forward to our next book (Doctor Who: Stone Rose) which we are supposed to start reading in EEK 7/8 days.
I have been stalled in my current reading (Death Drop by Sean Allen) because frankly my interest in the story is wavering and in my opinion the book is WAY Too Long for what I think it should be. It is 546 pages (last page says 560 but the prolog starts on page 14) my last page read was 155 (and I was just introduced to the "Main Character" that is mentioned on the back of the book synopsis a couple of pages ago). I've only been reading it in small chunks of 10 pages or so the length of it's mini-sized chapters. As a result I am now 1 book behind in my 2012 reading challenge, I was 2 books ahead at my best point. :( And this was a book I got from a "giveaway" and I was going to write a quick review of after finishing, well I'll still review it when I'm done but it is not a quick read at least not for me like I wanted it to be.

I plan on starting our Doctor Who March book as a break from my other readings so I can catch up on my 2012 reading challenge and also to read something I have a bigger interest in.

message 8: by kenzie (new)

kenzie (theabsolutedream) Aaaiiiee!!! I need to get the Stone Rose on my kindle!!!!

message 9: by Bella (new)

Kirk wrote: ""Whonatic" that is a new one. I prefer "Whovian" I have also seen one person use "Wholigan", but I don't like that one it sounds like a bad thing.

AnyWHO I am looking forward to our next book (Doc..."

Your not the only one that's a book behind, so am I. But at least I'm almost finished with 1. But this can happen when I read more than one book at once.

message 10: by Bella (new)

Kenzie wrote: ":) Thanks! Well, I'm Kenzie, as it says. And I'm rather a Whonatic. :)8"

Welcome to the group Kenzie! I'm a Whovian : )

message 11: by kenzie (new)

kenzie (theabsolutedream) Kirk, Haha, yeah. I'm behind.

Thanks, Elle.

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 26 comments A few years back I would never attempt to read more than one book at a time to keep from getting them confused, now I sometimes need to do it to get a change of pace.

message 13: by Bella (new)

Kirk wrote: "A few years back I would never attempt to read more than one book at a time to keep from getting them confused, now I sometimes need to do it to get a change of pace."
I have to do it because of my attention span,it's much easier.But now I'm just sticking to 2 at once.

message 14: by Bella (new)

We will start the discussion for Doctor Who:The Stone Rose sometime in early June.I will post the date to all the members when the discussion is ready,and you can come in and chat about the book when you want to discuss it,freely.

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 26 comments Elle wrote: "We will start the discussion for Doctor Who:The Stone Rose sometime in early June.I will post the date to all the members when the discussion is ready,and you can come in and chat about the book wh..."

Oh good. I've just got around to starting it. I finally finished the book I had been struggling through (and spent most of April not reading).

message 16: by Bella (new)

Kirk wrote: "Elle wrote: "We will start the discussion for Doctor Who:The Stone Rose sometime in early June.I will post the date to all the members when the discussion is ready,and you can come in and chat abou..."
Yeah,I understand! I didn't feel like reading much lately either! So I got very behind! : )I will come up up with questions soon and let everyone know when I post them!

message 17: by Bella (new)

I'm going on a 4 day Holiday,so I will post the discussion questions this weekend,or soon.I will let you all know! : ) Have a good week!

message 18: by Bella (new)

I haven't forgotten about the discussion for this book,I will come up with the questions for it this week,and post them,I've just been very busy! I hope you are all doing well! <3

message 19: by Bella (new)

I haven't forgotten the dicussion of the new book,my Father is sick today,so I'm taking care of him,I'll set up the new discussion as soon as I possibly can,apologies for the delay.

message 20: by Bella (new)

This season is kicking me in the ass.I will post the discussion as soon as I can.(For the Doctor Who book)If anyone has any ideas for next years book suggestions,please post them,or message me,I will also post a new thread for that as well.

message 21: by Bella (new)

Adding 2 Doctor Who books for next year.Don't want to jump *too* far ahead. And I'll figure out about The Hobbit book discussion when I return home from my holiday.Hope you are all having a great spring.

message 22: by Bella (new)

Going to do the book discussion for The Map of Time in the next week or two.

message 23: by Bella (new)

Going to do the book discussion for
Doctor Who: Apollo 23 probably within the next week or so. By now you know this club never runs on time. But nothing is set on an exact date,except the reading of books,so it's alright.

message 24: by Bella (new)

The Sting of the Zygons Book Discussion coming soon. Probably this week or next.