The Young Adult Historical Fiction Society discussion

Lists & Categories > Veronica's Young Adult Historical Fiction books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica (last edited Sep 26, 2014 05:49PM) (new)

Veronica (veronica_mitchell) Historical Fiction is actually a pretty new genre for me, but I have come to find that I really enjoy it!

Read:
Leviathan (Leviathan, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Behemoth (Leviathan, #2) by Scott Westerfeld Goliath (Leviathan, #3) by Scott Westerfeld Victoria and the Rogue by Meg Cabot Nicola and the Viscount by Meg Cabot Vixen (Flappers, #1) by Jillian Larkin Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly The Luxe (Luxe, #1) by Anna Godbersen Rumors (Luxe, #2) by Anna Godbersen Envy (Luxe, #3) by Anna Godbersen Splendor (Luxe, #4) by Anna Godbersen Steel by Carrie Vaughn The Strange Case of Finley Jayne (Steampunk Chronicles, #0.5) by Kady Cross The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1) by Kady Cross The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (Steampunk Chronicles, #2) by Kady Cross Nobody's Princess (Nobody's Princess, #1) by Esther M. Friesner Nobody's Prize (Nobody's Princess, #2) by Esther M. Friesner Sphinx's Princess (Sphinx's Princess, #1) by Esther M. Friesner Fallen from Grace (Dark Mirror, #0.5) by M.J. Putney Dark Mirror (Dark Mirror, #1) by M.J. Putney Dark Passage (Dark Mirror, #2) by M.J. Putney Waterfall (River of Time, #1) by Lisa Tawn Bergren Darker Still (Magic Most Foul, #1) by Leanna Renee Hieber Cleopatra Confesses by Carolyn Meyer Dreaming Anastasia (Dreaming Anastasia, #1) by Joy Preble Haunted (Dreaming Anastasia, #2) by Joy Preble The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson The Iron Thorn (Iron Codex, #1) by Caitlin Kittredge

To Read:
A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray Rebel Angels (Gemma Doyle, #2) by Libba Bray The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle, #3) by Libba Bray Bright Young Things (Bright Young Things, #1) by Anna Godbersen Beautiful Days (Bright Young Things, #2) by Anna Godbersen Ingenue (Flappers, #2) by Jillian Larkin Sphinx's Queen (Sphinx's Princess, #2) by Esther M. Friesner Cascade (River of Time, #2) by Lisa Tawn Bergren Torrent (River of Time, #3) by Lisa Tawn Bergren The Vespertine (The Vespertine, #1) by Saundra Mitchell The Springsweet (The Vespertine, #2) by Saundra Mitchell Thirteenth Child (Frontier Magic, #1) by Patricia C. Wrede Timeless (Timeless, #1) by Alexandra Monir A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly Anastasia Forever (Dreaming Anastasia, #3) by Joy Preble Chime by Franny Billingsley The Eternal Sea (Everlasting, #2) by Angie Frazier

message 2: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 85 comments I really like this genre, if done right you can feel like you are in the time, but still have the spunky characters that we all love :)

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha I have read most of all those books. I really enjoy reading YA Historical fiction books!

message 4: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veronica_mitchell) I think my favorite that I have read so far is Vixen! I just loved the characters and the overall sense of place that the author created. I need to get my hands on Ingenue soon.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 270 comments Vixen is one of my favorites in this genre as well. I hope to read Ingenue soon.