Weekly Short Stories Contest and Company! discussion

Games! > Last Sentences

Comments Showing 1-50 of 135 (135 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lyonessrampant) | 2867 comments And left him standing there, all alone.

message 2: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lyonessrampant) | 2867 comments LOL

The guillotine slammed shut, sending shivers up the expectant audience.

message 3: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lyonessrampant) | 2867 comments aww, but so sweet and sad!

She popped the candy in her mouth as she contemplated the turnout of the investigation.

message 4: by M (new)

M | 11009 comments Oh, follow me into the park, where we will love, then fall asleep.

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) | 2875 comments The one word Jared had loved to use when Isabel was angry at him — a gentle reminder that he would always love her.

message 6: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lyonessrampant) | 2867 comments And she slept for eternity.

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (eyrer) By the time she decided to go back home, the marmalade in her kitchen cupboard had grown mold.

message 8: by Edward (new)

Edward (edwardtheresejr) | 2434 comments While Man builds skyscrapers, God scoffs at his pettiness.

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) | 2875 comments He’d only done everything and would have done anything for them – forever.

message 10: by Edward (new)

Edward (edwardtheresejr) | 2434 comments That sounds like the end to a hero-centric epic.

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) | 2875 comments What, my line? Or is that one of your lines? Sorry, I'm confused now.

message 12: by Edward (new)

Edward (edwardtheresejr) | 2434 comments Yes, your line.

message 13: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) | 2875 comments Oh. Thanks. It's the very last sentence to this year's NaNo novel. It was science fiction.

message 14: by Edward (new)

Edward (edwardtheresejr) | 2434 comments I usually like science fiction. Is it on goodreads?

My line was from a short story about scientists pushing the limits too far, resulting in an ironic wrath of God (ironic because their punishment is their success). I may post it soon.

message 15: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) | 2875 comments No, it's not. It's the last book in a trilogy and I'm still fixing up the first book.

message 16: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lyonessrampant) | 2867 comments nice

message 17: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lyonessrampant) | 2867 comments The sound shattered the night, breaking the silence of September.

message 18: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lyonessrampant) | 2867 comments XD Hey, it could be a last sentence

message 19: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lyonessrampant) | 2867 comments Do it lol

As the body fell, the stray arm hit a box, spilling markers. They clattered to the ground, bouncing ominously.

message 20: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lyonessrampant) | 2867 comments I know right?

He stared after the girl, disbelieving.

message 21: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lyonessrampant) | 2867 comments Those poor things :)

She drew the shroud over the body, watching the flames envelope her love.

message 22: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lyonessrampant) | 2867 comments lol i dont have anything good

She sprayed the disinfectant, removing all traces of him.

message 23: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lyonessrampant) | 2867 comments nice i should read it :)

le gasp! alex!

message 24: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lyonessrampant) | 2867 comments YES I DO! OMG

well, study without urges XD

XD I hate it when you can make connections to your own charries. You feel like you copied XXDD

message 25: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lyonessrampant) | 2867 comments XDXDXDXD

message 26: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lyonessrampant) | 2867 comments night al :)

message 27: by Edward (new)

Edward (edwardtheresejr) | 2434 comments "Demon, or whatever the hell it was, of Twilight is toast," Kidel told Hiem triumphantly, after the ceremony was finished.

Hiem, wearing enough black to possibly have confused the wedding for a wake, did his expressionless scoff. "There were three, remember? If that was Twilight, what do you think the next is?"

As the wedding festivities moved inside a large, well-lit tent, the last of the sun's rays slipped off the little river.

message 28: by Edward (new)

Edward (edwardtheresejr) | 2434 comments Have you written any more of the Crazies, Al?

He leaned back in his chair and took a sip of that perfect brew.

message 29: by Edward (new)

Edward (edwardtheresejr) | 2434 comments I usually only finish about the first act then start rewriting it. I'm terrible that way.

I should know who Alan Rickman is, shouldn't I?

message 30: by Edward (new)

Edward (edwardtheresejr) | 2434 comments Oh, him. Yeah, he's an excellent actor. As much as I hate watching a musical about cannibalistic revenge, he, Hellna Bonham Carter, and Johnny Depp all made it worth the experience.

I'm still never watching that movie again.

message 31: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) | 2875 comments Alex wrote: "And he, the man she could only dream of having, walked away, leaving only footsteps in the snow."

Nice. Love it, Alex.

message 32: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1221 comments And everyone lived happily ever after.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

“When you’re done spreading your wings and flying and if you land on your feet, and if your ready…please come back. Because I’ll be waiting.” he said and then leaned down and kissed my forehead. He let go of my hands and walked away.

sry its more then one sentence

message 34: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1221 comments (crying) Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

She watched the rose petal's descent, smiling as it landed upon her lips, just like that last kiss.

(headdesk) I'll try harder tomorrow.

message 35: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1221 comments Night, Al! See ya tomorrow!!!

message 36: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1221 comments 10:00? What part of the world are you in???

message 37: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1221 comments Oh, diff. time zone. Sorry... I should've thought of that.

message 38: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 181 comments "I yanked open the door."
Blurg...terrible sentence... have to fix that.

message 39: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1221 comments 'Least it contains an essence of mystery. What's behind the door???

message 40: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) This is the way it always had been, always would be...unless we changed it.

message 41: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1221 comments DUCKY!!!!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And commenting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 42: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1221 comments Nice line, BTW.

message 43: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) Thank you.

message 44: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1221 comments No prob'!!!

message 45: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) I opened my eyes and said, "Holy gabflax! You're alive!"

message 46: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1221 comments AHAAHHHHAAHHA, I loooooooove Emily the Strange. Flabjax.... nehehehehahaha..... (Emily cuss words)

message 47: by Edward (new)

Edward (edwardtheresejr) | 2434 comments This is just the end to a chapter but ...

Kyeme didn't know if to snarl or cheer his name. "Ope!"

The whole thing:
http://mauchitales-journey.blogspot.com/

message 48: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1221 comments That's truly lovely, Edward.

The last thing she felt and wind and sea spray, the tang of salt cool on her tongue, as she slipped away.

message 49: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1221 comments LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good old Al!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just made my day!!!!!!!! XD

message 50: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1221 comments Well, thank you.

The stars flickered, and faded one by one, until only one was left. Then even this star vanished, and she was left in the blackness.

God, I need to stop writing tragic end lines.

« previous 1 3