!The Young Adult Book Club! discussion

Book Characters > Divergent - Tris and Four

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) What did you guys think of the unexpected romance in this book? Was it done well and is Four the perfect guy for Tris, and do you think there will be another new guy character in Insurgent?

message 2: by Eoin (new)

Eoin | 25 comments I've read this book already and am glad that we chose to read it. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about them yet. I am anxiously awaiting for Insurgent.

Rachel's Book Reviews (rachelsbookreviews) | 38 comments I loved it (although i did kind of see it coming) I thought it was perfect. They both have major flaws which you sometimes don't see. Usually they have small flaws or the guys are too perfect to take seriously. Won't be a spoiler but the 'fear' numbers are cool too.
also wayy cool that he trusted her enough.

message 4: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Rachel wrote: "I loved it (although i did kind of see it coming) I thought it was perfect. They both have major flaws which you sometimes don't see. Usually they have small flaws or the guys are too perfect to ta..."

I really like to see how the relationship would be in Insurgent. And I agrree that Four trusted Tris. :*)

Rachel's Book Reviews (rachelsbookreviews) | 38 comments I didn't read it until a friend bugged me to death. Read it. loved it. end of story. CAN'T WAIT FOR INSURGENT. the cover is so cool.... I don't even have a copy of Divergent! but if I had a copy of every book I liked.....I'd have to live in a library.

message 6: by Eoin (new)

Eoin | 25 comments Rachel wrote: "I didn't read it until a friend bugged me to death. Read it. loved it. end of story. CAN'T WAIT FOR INSURGENT. the cover is so cool.... I don't even have a copy of Divergent! but if I had a copy of..."

If i ever become rich and famous (which is unlikely) I will spend all my money to create the world's best library where I would live with a copy of every book ever written. Ahhh it's nice to dream.

message 7: by Eoin (new)

Eoin | 25 comments One thing I did like that happened with Tris and Four was when Tris defended Four in his fear simulation against his father. It felt genuine and sweet.

message 8: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) I really loved that scence! What do you think the story would turn out if Tris chose a diffrent fraction?

Rachel's Book Reviews (rachelsbookreviews) | 38 comments It would be a little boring. None of teh other factions do actionish scenes...Roth would still pull it off, but I think it was just perfect.

Also, I love when she discovers what faction he's from and also that last line of that chapter.

"would have been doing the same thing, but in gray clothes instead of black ones." love that....

message 10: by Eoin (new)

Eoin | 25 comments Patrick wrote: "I really loved that scence! What do you think the story would turn out if Tris chose a diffrent fraction?"I don't know. I can't really see her in any other faction. I think if she didn't go to Dauntless I think she would stay Abnegation. The other ones wouldn't make much sense.

message 11: by Eoin (new)

Eoin | 25 comments Rachel wrote: "It would be a little boring. None of teh other factions do actionish scenes...Roth would still pull it off, but I think it was just perfect.
Also, I love when she discovers what faction he's from ..."

I love the line right after she gets her first tattoos.
"Three birds. One for each family member I left behind." You guys should friend Veronica Roth she's on goodreads. I'm friends with her.

message 12: by Dani (new)

Dani A. (danipiesra) To me this romance wasnt at all unexpected, and it got on my nerves how it took until like page 350 for something to happend, but besides that I love them, they are totally awesome and four is SO HOT!!

message 13: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (morganmarieee) | 7 comments I loved the book and read it this spring, but I didn't find it as an unexpected romance. I thought it was very predictable, but it was still amazing. :)

message 14: by Wealllovemakeup (new)

Wealllovemakeup | 3 comments I love tris and four but at times four says really stupid things like "so what if your not pretty" and im just like wow there dude say something like "your the most beautifal girl alive to me" not that! other than that they are really cute and I love them I also love when she says boyfriend to refer to him and he says did I hear you say boyfriend and she said ya do you mind and he is like I like it. To cute!

message 15: by Aimee (new)

Aimee Jane (kaimeejane) | 19 comments Hm..... I didn't expect yet I expected. xD
um..... hm... I think they are perfect for each other and yet I want a new guy to come in. >:D

I just love twisted romances makes everything so fun. xD

message 16: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Did you guys want more romance scenes in the book?

message 17: by Aimee (new)

Aimee Jane (kaimeejane) | 19 comments not really. I think the amount of romance she has in the book is fine. I dont really like a book full of romance. :D

message 18: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (wish_i_lived_a_fairytale) | 2 comments four kinda bugged me in the beginning but then i started to really like his character. . . tris was a character that didn't bug me to death which happens quite frequently in a lot of the books i read. i thought that they were really cute together and i reeeeaaaalllly hope that they stay together and that there isn't some new guy or girl thrown into the plot. i thought there was the perfect amount of romance. i like that it didn't take over the whole story because this is one that has so much potential that the romance doesn't have 2 b the whole center of it. . .

message 19: by Elise (new)

Elise (redentrapy) Tris didn't bug me with whining like a lot of main female characters do nowadays. She has depth, she grows, changes, and adapts to survive in her situation instead of complaining about how life is unfair like some do. Four bugged me in the beginning I wanted to hit him but as the story progressed he started showing his true character and I fell totally in love with him. Can't wait to see where the relationship goes in Insurgent. 6 months and counting. VERONICA PLEASE HURRY!!! :p