!The Young Adult Book Club! discussion

Our Monthly Reads > Hex Hall - November 2011

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) How much did you guys love it? I personally loved it some much and I look forward to Demonglass and Spellbound!

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 208 comments I do to!! I read Demonglass and I know I will love Spell Bound.

message 3: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Yes! Hex Hall was so good! Don't you think the plot was a litlle predictable?

message 4: by Em~Lost In A Dream~ (last edited Nov 03, 2011 06:46PM) (new)

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 208 comments Maybe.But I had no idea that thing would happen at the end.

message 5: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Yes!! And Elodie it was sad for her.

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 208 comments I don't remember that happening to her at all.

message 7: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) (view spoiler)

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 208 comments How do you do the spoiler thingy? And I'm not sure.I'm thinking the first.

message 9: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Click (some html is ok) and find spolier, then copy and paste on to the comment box.

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 208 comments Got it.spoiler: (view spoiler)

message 11: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Archer thing was first,then Alice.

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 208 comments Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.Ok.I forgot bc I read it last month and I forgot a lot of it.

message 13: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Any casting ideas for Sophie?

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 208 comments I'll think about it.

message 15: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Maybe Emily Browning?

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 208 comments Never heard of her.I'll look her up.

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 208 comments Isn't she like 20 something?

message 18: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Yes,I think so,

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 208 comments So isn't she a little old for it?

message 20: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Well, she looks young. :)

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 208 comments That is so true.

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 208 comments Giving back Demonglass was one of the hardest things I had to do with books.I miss the book so much now.I even looked back at hex hall.Your right Patrick.

message 23: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Emily ~Boss 3~ ^-^ =) wrote: "Giving back Demonglass was one of the hardest things I had to do with books.I miss the book so much now.I even looked back at hex hall.Your right Patrick."

Thanks! Demonglass made it to Goodreads best book of the year in the YA genre!!! :)

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 208 comments I voted for it.I really do miss it a lot.I miss Hex Hall to.

message 25: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) I hope Rachael Hawkins will be touring for Spellbound!

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 208 comments Me to,even though i won't see it.

message 27: by Eoin (new)

Eoin | 25 comments Patrick wrote: "I hope Rachael Hawkins will be touring for Spellbound!"
She was actually just at the Brooklyn book festival. She gave a great conversation and on characters. I haven't read the books but watched her discussion.

message 28: by HellaGood (new)

HellaGood | 1 comments Hi, im new to the group and i just happened to finish this book. I loved it. Im so glad i found a ya group. I enjoyed the story line. Im not sure if i am a fan of archer, but i guess we will see in demonglass. It has nothing to do with him being a traitor.

message 29: by Losthowever (new)

Losthowever | 13 comments Do you guys think that Jenna is really dead? Btw, I'm new to the group too! :D

message 30: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) I really liked her! I hoe she didn't die! :)

message 31: by Kristine (new)

Kristine (meankristine) Am I missing something? I don't remember Jenna dying, to be honest. I did like her character though. I thought she was well written.

message 32: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) I loved Hex Hall, I read it a few months ago. Also read Demonglass, and can't wait for Spellbound! Hex Hall and Demonglass were 2 of the most enjoyable books I've read lately. Great books that I couldn't put down!

message 33: by Elise (new)

Elise (redentrapy) Loved the book though it was predictable it was well done. Haven't read Demonglass yet should be soon. One of the most enjoyable along with Once a Witch that I have read recently.