Delirity discussion

Author C > Nevermore - K. Creagh

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh

message 2: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I have this book on my shelf for a long time now so maybe I will join in on this group read.

message 3: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I loved this book. I think it is a love it or hate it one though. It is almost like two books. It is more romance popular girl/shy guy in the beginning, but then it just goes in a way different direction like a creepy, thriller.

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I made it 130 pages before giving up this one. Why you ask when I was so far into it, well...there were many reasons. The first being Isobel, she just grated on my nerves. She was written to be like every bad stereo typical high school girl, popular, not a lot of problems, the popular jock boyfriend, but then gets set up with the geek/nerd/oddball and then she changes. I also didn't get why she would hide that she had to do homework from her parents, sneaking out of the house to do so. Too much for me to buy. This one just wasn't for me

message 5: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B | 292 comments I really enjoyed this book! But mostly for the reasons that Darcy didn't like it. But I guess that is why there is such love/hate relationship with this book!

One of my favourite parts of the book was the hero's name --- Varen. I just really like names that start with V.

I'm really looking forward to see what the next book will be like. I hope I enjoy it as much as Nevermore.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments I bought this book for a group read last month. Oops!! I'll have to get on it this month.

message 7: by Becky (last edited Nov 03, 2011 01:11PM) (new)

Becky (rgile) | 1 comments I actually read this book awhile ago and remember loving it, so I guess I have an excuse to reread it. *bounces with excitement*

message 8: by Tya (new)

Tya | 846 comments I liked this book well enough. It helps that its set in my hometown and that I love Edgar Allen Poe. I think I am one of the few thats in the middle at "ambivalent" towards the book. I'll read the sequel, but its nowhere near the top of the tbr pile.

message 9: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 432 comments I read this one last month. I didn't really connect to the story and the last half seemed to drag. I did like the author's imagery, but the story wasn't enough to make me interested in the next.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Tya wrote: "I liked this book well enough. It helps that its set in my hometown and that I love Edgar Allen Poe. I think I am one of the few thats in the middle at "ambivalent" towards the book. I'll read the ..."

I'm with you. I liked the book okay, but didn't love it and am not anxiously awaiting the sequel. The dreamworld stuff was kind of overworked imo.

message 11: by Heather (new)

I'm torn. I got interested a bit even though it seemed to drag a little, but it's more of a suspense then an action so I expect it to be slower. The problem is, I'm about 50 pages from the end and I've been really bored with the last 50 pages even though it is the big build up battleish type scene. Maybe it's because I have a harder time imaging fights when everyone isn't @ least 90% "normal" - "normal meaning human or animal characteristics that are very clear cut and distinct to their species. Vamps still fight like humans, except they move faster and can do special effects fighting sequences and they sometime use their teeth, but when it comes down to it, it's 2 vamps fighting with swords, fists, whatever and I can follow that. Were's are bigger, stronger, faster wolves. Got it. This story doesn't work that way.
(view spoiler)

message 12: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 120 comments Heather wrote: "I'm torn. I got interested a bit even though it seemed to drag a little, but it's more of a suspense then an action so I expect it to be slower. The problem is, I'm about 50 pages from the end and ..."

What is really funny is that although I really liked this book, I was thinking the exact same thing about Inception!! Haha!!

message 13: by Heather (new)

I had to put the theme song on just to get through the ending. I didn't like it too much, but it ends in a way that i feel obligated to read the next one, Smart move by the author.

message 14: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) | 1 comments I love this book! It is one of my favourites. Everything about it; the characters, the story, the writing....I find it amazing!

message 15: by Tya (new)

Tya | 846 comments I wasn't thrilled with the second book. I wanted to punch Isobel all throughout book two--but in book 3. Gwen. Gwen is my FAVORITE. After she had a come to jesus talk with Isobel--she got her tuckus in gear and Isobel became awesome. I really liked it--I thought of the three it was also the best written.