Delirity discussion

Author H > Gone With the Respiration - L. Habel

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Aug 01, 2014 07:20PM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Dearly, Departed (Gone With the Respiration, #1) by Lia Habel Dearly, Beloved (Gone With the Respiration, #2) by Lia Habel Untitled (Gone With the Respiration, #3) by Lia Habel

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! I won an ARC of this here on GR and read it back in August! Really looking forward to the next one!

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 432 comments I have this one waiting to be read and I'm going to start it soon. I haven't heard anything but good things about this one.

message 4: by Heather (new)

I saw it in the book store and it looked interesting, but I don't think I'm going to buy it. I'll have to read it 6 months from now.

message 5: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 120 comments I also won an ARC of this on GR and just read it in October - this was completely awesome! Absolutely loved it :)

message 6: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I liked reading how the world went from what we know to what the world is in this book. So often when you read books like this they don't tell you how the world self-destructed. I also found it interesting that when they were re-creating they picked the Victorian age to model themselves on. To me that era was very restrictive, but maybe that was what they were looking for after the chaos of war and just survival. Even with these 2 aspects that I liked I found the story to be boring and I had a hard time connecting with the characters. After 70 pages I gave up, this one just isn't for me.

message 7: by Tya (new)

Tya | 846 comments I really enjoyed this book!

message 8: by Tya (new)

Tya | 846 comments Well....has anyone gone to Lia Habels website? She's done writing for now (hopefully just for now) and her publishers are no longer interested in selling her books. From the sound of her blog its a good and much, much needed thing. She had some personal/mental health issues to work through and this series (and publishing in general, I think) are so tainted with the dark place that she was in that she really can't go back for awhile. She said that Nora and Bram still have a story left to tell but for now, and probably for a good long while, she won't be in a place to tell it.

message 9: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments While I may not have liked the book, I feel bad for the author. It sucks for her. I hope she gets better and can find a different publisher.

message 10: by Heather (new)

I tried reading book 1, but got a little creep'd out. I never did finish it.