We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Hero Threads > Captain Christopher Phelan

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sydnee (new)

Sydnee (defygravity18) | 41 comments He deserves his own thread. He was a good hero for Beatrix.

Chris Hemsworth is my vision of Captain Phelan. :)

Photobucket

message 2: by Chryssa (new)

Chryssa (chryspa) | 5 comments Nice choice! but for me Captain Phelan was, from page 1, Josh Lukas! and none either! :o)
p.s: how can I post a picture of him here?

message 3: by E. (new)

E. R. (dilawrosas) | 507 comments I dunno, but I see Chris more blonder...though the real Chris is still HOTT.

message 4: by Mai (new)

Mai | 25 comments Hey girls ! What about Heyden Christensen ?
I think he would make an excellent Christopher !!

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Ha...

message 5: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Why do I picture him darker? I know he's a blonde, but it must be his dark brooding personality. I do love him!

message 6: by Linds (new)

Linds I see him as Michael Fassbender himself.

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura (filoviridae) | 783 comments Michael Fassbender is sooo hot!

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) Mai wrote: "Hey girls ! What about Heyden Christensen ?
I think he would make an excellent Christopher !!

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Ha..."

I like!!

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan M. (meganarmstrong) | 2 comments Captain Phelan was an amazing character! I don't know if I can imagine any actor that looks like him because he was so unique in my mind. When I first read the book I didn't like him very much, but when I went back and re-read the book slowly it became one of my favorites. I love the tenderness with which he treats Beatrix.

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura (filoviridae) | 783 comments Megan wrote: "Captain Phelan was an amazing character! I don't know if I can imagine any actor that looks like him because he was so unique in my mind. When I first read the book I didn't like him very much, but..."

I agree with you...this is actually one of my favorites in the series and of her books.

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan M. (meganarmstrong) | 2 comments I'm glad to find somebody else who enjoys this book as much as I do Laura! :) Of course, it is so very hard to play favorites among Lisa Kleypas's work. I've read plenty of other romance novels and I've never seen another author who's books are almost always direct hits in the enjoyable department. Usually it's hit and miss with most authors, but that's not the case with Kleypas. I know if I pick up one of her books it will be worth my time.

message 12: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mimzi) | 9 comments Megan wrote: "I'm glad to find somebody else who enjoys this book as much as I do Laura! :) Of course, it is so very hard to play favorites among Lisa Kleypas's work. I've read plenty of other romance novels and..."

I don't know what the rules are for plugging other authors on these kinds of threads but Loretta Chase's books are also brilliant. In fact I have my romance authors in order of 1)Loretta Chase 2) Lisa Kleypas and 3)Kelly Hunter.

message 13: by Linds (new)

Linds I've never read a Kelly Hunter book. If you had to pick a good first one for me to try which is your favorite?

message 14: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mimzi) | 9 comments Linds wrote: "I've never read a Kelly Hunter book. If you had to pick a good first one for me to try which is your favorite?"

My favourite is probably The Man She Loves To Hate but I'm pretty sure I'm in a minority on that one. I'd say start with Wife for a Week- Hallie Bennett's story (ignore the improbably premise!) and if you like it move onto the rest in that series (her four equally gorgeous brothers). This is a first for me - giving suggestions on romance authors that I actually think might be taken. Its heady! So I guess that means you have read Loretta Chase?

message 15: by E (new)

E | 24 comments Love in the Afternoon is one of my favorites, and I absolutely love Christopher. I too have a hard time summoning an actor in my minds eye to play him. I like the Hemsworth suggestion.

message 16: by E (new)

E | 24 comments I just had a thought that if you lightened Sebastian Stan’s hair, and he practiced a Brit accent, he is more than capable of doing the combo of dark/broody but also gentle/adoring.

I keep thinking back to the beginning of the first Captain America movie where he was such a charmer. Then after war and becoming the Winter Soldier, he encapsulates everything that Christopher is. The more I think about him, the more I think it would be a good idea.

message 17: by Megan (last edited Oct 31, 2018 09:52AM) (new)

Megan (vintagerosesxx) | 3 comments This is my vision of Captain Christopher Phelan:

Richard Rankin from the tragically short-lived BBC series "The Crimson Field" (and Outlander) . Holy Cow! Someone fan me! He is beyond ridiculously good looking!! This is who I pictured when reading the book.

message 18: by Nia (new)

Nia | 2 comments Looks like this thread may be dead but Bradley James is who I pictured the entire time!! (And Kaya Scodelario for Bea)
https://alchetron.com/cdn/bradley-jam...