Good YA Series discussion

The Mortal Instruments > Before Reading City of Fallen Angels *NO SPOILERS*

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystalways) | 305 comments Mod
City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare
This is the fourth book out of six in the Mortal Instruments series. There was originally suppose to be just three books in the series so I feel like the ending of the City of Glass was great ending to the series, but I was still excited to find out three more books were going to be added to the series.

I have read this book already, and I think if you are true fan of the series you'll enjoy the continuation of these characters' stories even if you don't like where their stories lead them.

If you've gotten this far into the series, you've probably already heard of the spin-off series The Infernal Devices. These series are connecting, but neither story has spoilers for books that haven't been released yet. That being said, I recommend you read Clockwork Angel before you read City of Fallen Angels because some of that book's characters appear in this book.

One last thing, when you read this book, keep in mind the ups and downs Cassandra Clare put you through with the first three books. That's just her style.

message 2: by Tara (new)

Tara (taterbeans) | 19 comments I read this book back in April when it came out and I loved it!!!!! I was happy with how Glass ended, but am very happy to see these characters journey continue. Ending was another OMGoodness but I'm very excited for the next one. I love how CC writes and think that her style and the world she created are amazing! I didn't read CWA before this because I wasn't interested at the time. I did just finish it not long ago though and love the connections.

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (fcuk_rain) | 6 comments I personally loved the original series, but everytime an author writes another sequel, it ruins it for me. I loved how the City of Glass ended, I loved how I could imagine for my self what happened afterwards. Instead of CC adding yet another complication to my own happy ending :L

I'm still really interested in it, don't get me wrong. It just seems like CC's writing a new book because she wants to make money. Nevertheless I love the Mortal Instruments :D