Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight question

What do you think about the more extreme fans who stab, choke, and berate people who don't like the series?
Gabriel Gabriel Nov 02, 2011 03:12PM
http://io9.com/5204316/twilight-fans-...

Do you think that the more extreme, and violent fans give the rest of the Twilight fan community a bad name? And do you think that what they did was justified?

Gerd (last edited Nov 03, 2011 06:37AM ) Nov 03, 2011 06:35AM   3 votes
Momentarily ignoring the fact that there's no basis to believe any of these stories, do you believe that there's ever a justification to stab, choke or otherwise bodily attack somebody over a mere opinion?

What do I think of extreme fans?
The same I do think of the extreme haters.

It's retarded to shoot anybody with a flare gun regardless of the reason. So no, it wasn't justified. Nor is freaking out on somebody just because they don't like a single, average series that got popular.

Now, this would be different if we were talking Harry Potter :P JK

deleted member Dec 31, 2011 05:12PM   0 votes
They're stupid because everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

They give the rest of us fans a bad name. There is nothing wrong with fangirling but they need to know their boundaries. Shame on them for resorting to violence.

Also, some of the anti-fans are just as bad. Have you guys ever heard of "Slap a twilight fan day"?

I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy...

Literature is a form of art which is always subjective. Haven't these few extreme fans ever heard the saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"? I have read the series myself, although I guess I missed something because I just found it average. I can understand the feelings it emotes of some as everyone wants to believe that in their life a prince of great magnitude will come and rescue them from drowning in the mundane, in many ways it's just cinderella evolved for the changes that have occurred in society. But seriously, some people need to ground themselves in the facts that these characters are not real and they are not now or ever going to be turned into a tragically romantic vampire.

i think it is unjustified because some people just do not like twilight and well thats them. people arent always going to likie the same books

deleted member Nov 02, 2011 05:08PM   0 votes
I knew the people who adored these books were mental.

Everyone has a right to their own opinions, no matter what it is. There is enough hostility in this world, we don't ever need more over something that has been written for enjoyment. If people love something, let them be happy and find something that makes you happy in the process!!!!!!!!!

PEACE is what we need more of :)

Wow I have never heard of a Twi-hard going on a stabbing spree, gonna have to start double checking all the locks on the doors just in case.....

deleted member Nov 04, 2011 10:26PM   0 votes
Its kinda stupid to act like that, it would be a HUGE act they are putting on and to much efffort, i mean hating is hard, i can barely hold a grudge for longer than an hour, but choking, stabbing and gagging is extreme, like those stupid death threats against Selena Gomez dating Justin Bieber, That is extreme!

This is pathetic... Pathetic-obsessed-angst-ridden-sappy-story-loving-preteens... People seriously need to get over it. It's just a really lame book.

deleted member Nov 04, 2011 03:04PM   0 votes
Honestly, no matter how much you love it, it's a freakin' BOOK! It doesn't hold the key to the holy grail! You don't go around stabbing and shooting people for this stuff!

Some people just don't connect with reality.

omg for real people do that wow its a book like really people like that need help

all twilight people like actors not books :)

SIMPLE!

Hannah I don't The actors are just actors it the book that they play that makes them likeable if they where a villian nobody would like them. ...more
Nov 15, 2011 10:08PM · flag

I personally find this to be very frightening. I was friends with a Twihard in high school, but I never really thought she would go that far. I thought she was just a passionate fangirl. However, I will say that there had been times when I thought that something could have happened if I didn't watch what I said around her. Who knows? Maybe she could actually be one of the crazy fangirls listed on that website!

They need to all be put into a mental institution or rehab, honestly. There is no way ANY of those actions are justifiable. People like that need to understand the meaning of 'everyone is entitled to their own opinions.' Though, I think people who bash the books should also know that there is a line between voicing an opinion and being an ass. I've met a few twilight bashers that do it just to rile a 'twi-hard' up. Both extremes are terrible...x.x

I do wonder why people have such aggressive discussions the series? What is there to discuss? What is there to be so angry about? People don't like it, get over it. People like it, get over it. Why can't people just get over it?

they need help and on top of that... ITS A BOOK NOT A BIBLE

I find myself a little skeptical of any "article" in which the urban dictionary seems to be the only source...

They`re either idiots or younger than 13.

What I don't understand is why do people become so possessive over the series? It's just a damn book. Holy crap people have gone off the deep end. wow.

This is a panel for discussion, but we are forgetting the first amendment. This is way down on the totem pole to be going after so hard.

Please expound on your second question.

Hannah I would just avoid crazy ones like that it is okay to like a book
Nov 15, 2011 10:11PM