Mormon Youth :D discussion

Church-Related > Gospel Questions from non-LDS (non-Mormon) youth or otherwise

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by StellarArtemis (new)

StellarArtemis | 36 comments I think we really need one of these for those who may not understand what we believe and have questions about it. Particularly for the awkward questions no one really wants to answer.

message 2: by Ember (new)

Ember (embersmith) | 45 comments ....what awkward question?

message 3: by StellarArtemis (new)

StellarArtemis | 36 comments Ive been asked some really REALLY awkward questions about the church by nonmembers

message 4: by Ember (new)

Ember (embersmith) | 45 comments Really? Like what?

message 5: by StellarArtemis (new)

StellarArtemis | 36 comments Id rather not specify. But they often have something to do with the temple, marriage and/or other questions that make people mad like if we really believe blacks were decended from cain.

message 6: by Ember (new)

Ember (embersmith) | 45 comments Oh, yeah. I know what you mean. One of my friends, whenever I say something I personally believe, she retorts with "Oh, is that something Mormons believe?" in a harsh fashion.
I find it rude but I'm never sure what to say.

message 7: by StellarArtemis (new)

StellarArtemis | 36 comments Believe it or not, i have the same problem. A few of my friends from a little while ago, as i was explaining why i didnt want to kiss anyone, thought id gone mad and asked if it was a religous thing. Then i tried to make them understand that i get attached easily and that it had nothing to do with my "bloody religon". Sometimes i cant decide if they just like getting under my skin or are genuinely wondering if it has anything to do with what i believe.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I have A question from someone I know: how does the Lds church react to someone who is gay?

message 9: by McKell (new)

McKell Hanson | 1 comments Anyone LDS should treat anyone (not just someone who is gay) with kindness and respect. We do not agree with that lifestyle, but we still must follow the golden rule. And hate the SIN not the SINNER,it is not our place to judge and while that doesn't mean we have to support them in their decision,make sure you are still there for them if they need you.