Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Monthly Book Discussion Archive > November 2011 HP Releases

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lemon (last edited Nov 02, 2011 01:45PM) (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Halloween has come and gone and November is already here! Below is the list of Harlequin Presents and Harlequin Presents Extra titles published this month and to be covered for group discussion. Please click on the cover or links to see the synopses and reviews for the books.

You know the drill- feel free to leave a comment here or start a new thread for the particular book(s) you would like to discuss. [To start a new thread, click on "November Group Reads" folder above and then click "new topic" in the upper right hand corner.]

Feel free to rant or gush or even to just say it doesn't stimulate your reading senses. Just please remember the following:

1. SPOILER ALERT. If you peek into the discussion threads without reading the book under discussion, you may be subject to spoilers.

2. We're all friends here, so feel free to express your viewpoint even though it may not agree with the majority viewpoint.

3. Related to point 2 above, please be respectful of the opinions expressed by others.

4. Last but most important, let's have fun with those gorgeous alpha heroes!

Harlequin Presents (Mills & Boon Modern)

1. The Ice Prince (Harlequin Presents) by Sandra Marton The Ice Prince by Sandra Marton.

2. Jewel in His Crown (Harlequin Presents) by Lynne Graham Jewel in His Crown by Lynne Graham.

3. The Man with the Money (Harlequin Presents) by Lynn Raye Harris The Man with the Money (Harlequin Presents / The Heartless Rebel (Mills & Boon edition) by Lynne Raye Harris (book 5 of the "Notorious Wolfes"/"Bad Blood" series).

4. The Most Coveted Prize by Penny Jordan The Most Coveted Prize by Penny Jordan. (Rival's/brother's story coming out next month).

5. The Price of Scandal (Harlequin Presents #3027) by Kim Lawrence The Price of Scandal by Kim Lawrence.

Harlequin Presents Extra

6. The Savakis Merger (Harlequin Presents Extra) by Annie West The Savakis Merger by Annie West.

7. The Night that Changed Everything by Anne McAllister The Night that Changed Everything by Anne McCallister.

8. A Moment on the Lips (Harlequin Presents Extra) by Kate Hardy A Moment on the Lips by Kate Hardy.

9. Nice Girls Finish Last by Natalie Anderson Nice Girls Finish Last by Natalie Anderson.
[Note this is a Mills & Boon Riva release so not the same as traditional HPs.]

HP Special Release- Two in One Novellas

10. A Royal Engagement The Storm Within\The Reluctant Queen by Trish Morey A Royal Engagement: The Storm Within\The Reluctant Queen by Trish Morey and Caitlin Crews.

message 2: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (schmoozy) | 92 comments Thanks for posting the list! I look forward to finally jumping in and taking part of discussions!

Let's see, I'am pretty sure I have The Ice Prince, The Most Coveted Prize, A Moment on the Lips, A Royal Engagement, The Man with Money, Nice Girls Finish Last, Jewel in His Crown and The Price of Scandal. Thanks to my HP ebook subscription.
I've only read the The Most Coveted Prize so far. I adore Penny Jordon, but this one fell sort of flat, but I'll discuss more in a seperate thread.

Ok, back to reading!

message 3: by Virginia (new)

Virginia (goodreadscomginny) | 264 comments I too like Penny Jordan but the Nov. title was flat as Sheila says. Most of the title this month were not grabbers or keepers I think. The Lynne Graham is the one that I will keep.
Ginny

message 4: by Lemon (last edited Nov 17, 2011 05:26PM) (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
I agree that this month's selection isn't all that appealing, Ginny. Of the ten, I've actually read two and neither were highly rated. I DNF'd two and they were either incredibly boring or incredibly irritating. All the other ones just didn't strike my fancy.

Anyone out there really enjoyed any of the books this month? I think some readers liked A Moment on the Lips based on the reviews, but didn't catch my interest.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateperegrinate) I haven't read any November releases yet -- but I'm planning to start tonight with The Man with the Money.

message 6: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments I did not like that book at all.

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateperegrinate) I liked it, but looking at the reviews, it a book that either people liked or hated.

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateperegrinate) Loved, loved, loved A Moment on the Lips! It didn't grab me right away, but within three chapters, I was hooked. (It reminded me a lot of Doukakis's Apprentice.)

message 9: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Hopefully my library has a few of these... it's hard to decide which to read.

message 10: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Thanks, Kate. I might have to read that one then. Kimberly- looking through the reviews might help you decide or . . . the library might decide for you based on what they have available :P.

message 11: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly I wish my library catalogued their serial romances it would be much easier. I think I'll have to write out a list and spend an hour looking at the shelves.

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateperegrinate) I finished The Night that Changed Everything and really enjoyed it (★★★★). The author's writing is sometimes a little more fluffy than I prefer, but I think she creates great realistic heroes and heroines.

message 13: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Kate wrote: "I finished The Night that Changed Everything and really enjoyed it (★★★★). The author's writing is sometimes a little more fluffy than I prefer, but I think she creates great realis..."

I think I might read that one if I can find it.

message 14: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly I managed to grab The Savakis Merger (Harlequin Presents Extra) by Annie West and Jewel in His Crown (Harlequin Presents) by Lynne Graham I hope they're good choices to get me back into HP titles.

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateperegrinate) Finished Nice Girls Finish Last by Natalie Anderson on Friday. It's definitely a light-hearted and fun/flirty HPE, and I really enjoyed it (★★★★½).

message 16: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (schmoozy) | 92 comments I have to agree with others. I wasn't really impressed with this months selections.
I too adored Nice Girls Finish Last by Natalie Anderson .

message 17: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateperegrinate) I've liked all the November HP/HPEs I've read so far, but I also order them on TBR list based on how much I've liked the author's previous books, so I probably just haven't gotten to the bad ones yet.