Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)
This topic is about Daughter of Smoke & Bone
Archive (Buddy Reads) > [Buddy Read] Daughter of Smoke and Bone (November)

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nairabell | 433 comments Valerie~Varuca and I are planning to do a buddy read of this for the November Pick-it-for-Me Challenge. If anyone else wants to join in, you're more than welcome. We're planning on starting this weekend :)

Suzanne (pebblesy) Hey, I had this recommended for me in the PIFM too so will join in

Nairabell | 433 comments Yay! The more the merrier :)

D.G. | 4477 comments I'm soo tempted to join you guys...but I have like a gazillion books to read! Buahh!!!

Vidya-BooksAreMagic | 2 comments Can you count me in too? I started reading it..

message 6: by Nairabell (last edited Nov 04, 2011 10:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nairabell | 433 comments Definitely Vidya! I'll be starting as soon as I finish First Drop of Crimson :)

How far in are you and what do you think so far?

Nairabell | 433 comments Just out of interest, but what covers do people have? I have the UK one.

The US Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor or the UK Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Nairabell | 433 comments I'm 80 pages in. Just wait for the part about inessential penises lol ;)

Suzanne (pebblesy) Nairabell wrote: "I'm 80 pages in. Just wait for the part about inessential penises lol ;)"

Just read that bit! This book has me interested... But still very confused about where it's going!

Suzanne (pebblesy) UK I think? (Kindle cover)

Nairabell | 433 comments I'm done now. It was a good read, but the second half is waaaaaaay different to the first.

How are you guys getting on?

Nairabell | 433 comments Different different. I liked both halves, but the first one is based almost exclusively in our world while the second is flashbacks in Elsewhere. The second half is pretty much pure fantasy (genre wise) whereas the first is more urban.

What's making you skim? The descriptions?

Suzanne (pebblesy) I'm almost finished now. I'm enjoying it... but not quite sure about it. I'm up to all the flashback's to elsewhere and I have to agree, it's a huge change to just suddenly go from everything about Karou to flashback after flashback!

Nairabell | 433 comments It is a big shift, almost like a whole new book.