The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Television/Movie Mysteries > Case Histories on PBS

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by R.P. (new)

R.P. Dahlke (rpdahlke) I love love love this PBS series... or maybe it's only a trilogy, but lovely to sink into for an hour! Jackson Brody,hunky PI, and the music is awesome, too!

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) I'll have to try it.

message 3: by Jan C (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 35410 comments I forgot it was on this week. I'll have to find it on On Demand.

I've really been enjoying the series.

message 4: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl I really enjoyed it too - although I hated the book. I'm bummed it's over.

message 5: by Jan C (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 35410 comments Maybe it'll be back next year. I think there are (or will be) 6 books, aren't there?

message 6: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 1347 comments Three episodes weren't enough. It was like being offered three boiled peanuts or three crab-stuffed mushrooms or three crispy fries.

message 7: by Jane (new)

Jane (flopsybunny) | 159 comments They are in the process of filming a second series. I have no idea when it will be shown - probably some time next year.

message 8: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 94 comments Hoping the BBC make more of this series, there is a fourth book so here's hoping.

message 9: by Jan C (last edited Nov 03, 2011 10:11AM) (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 35410 comments I read an interview Lee Child did with the author on Amazon and she indicated that there were originally four books planned, then five, now six.

Maybe there will be more after that if there is a demand for it.

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael (mikedecshop) | 75 comments Scout wrote: "Three episodes weren't enough. It was like being offered three boiled peanuts or three crab-stuffed mushrooms or three crispy fries."

Or three charbroiled oysters

message 11: by Paul (new)

Paul  Perry (pezski) | 232 comments I've only just found out that the Beeb aired this in the summer, and am just catching up on it. Very much enjoying it, Jason Isaacs is a fantastic actor.

Having said that, Zen was also pretty damned good and got great viewing figures, and they axed that...

message 12: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 1347 comments Agreed on the oysters, Michael.

Zen - another good one I completely missed.

message 13: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 1347 comments Good news. I was looking through a catalog I received in the mail yesterday, and a six-episode CD set of Case Histories was offered -- so there are at least three more episodes to come.