Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > True Blood

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
Did i tell you guys how much i love this show?! i hate that the seasons seem so short when their really not but I guess its because of all the cliff hangers on every episode! Don't get me wrong I love this show but I wish there wasn't so many cliffhangers..But I do find myself sitting on the coach every Sunday at 9:00 pm eagerly waiting to see what going to happen and whats next! And I like how the producers and writers tell everyone's story so It's not always about the main characters "Bill,Sookie&Eric" My favorite character's : Sookies of course! Bill who kind of reminds me of Edward from twilight but a better version of him and Eric is sexy as heck! I love his character! he's funny,charming, and an butt at times but you gotta love him. I can go on and on if i could... :)

Elle (Lost in Wonderland) | 37 comments I LOVE True Blood! I'm defnitly an Eric fan, especially after season 4/Book 4 of the series...YUM! I actually think the show is better than the books, since everyone plays a contributing role to the story line. The books mainly only focus on Sookies perspective, and the other characters besides Bill and Eric only play minor parts, and worst of all... (view spoiler) I like that in the show all the characters have their own story to tell, on top of the main plot line. However I despite the books being slightly underwhelming compared to the show, I'll still keep reading them X)

message 3: by Grace (new)

Grace (fictionaladventures) | 60 comments How do you guys like Marshall Allman on the show? I don't watch it but i was on a movie with him so I'd like to know how he does in this

message 4: by Tanecia (new)

He played his part well even thouh I hated his character! But his characters dead now so he's not on true blood anymore ..... And what movie might I ask :-)

Elle (Lost in Wonderland) | 37 comments He did a good job of playing Tommy, especially since I was able to both love and hate his character at the same time. I felt sorry for him because of how horrible his family was, but he also did alot of screwed up things. Overall I thought he was a pretty good actor, for someone who I'd never heard of before True Blood :)

message 6: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sheri | 12218 comments Mod
I tried watching True Blood but couldn't really get into it. I LOVED the books, though.

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 198 comments I love both the books and the series. But this last season was a bit of a disappointment. It was good, but not as good as seasons past. I do hate the seasons are short as well. All in all, good though. Eric is way hot in he books and the series. I like the girl who plays Sookie. She does a great job.

message 8: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean Love the show. Didnt read the books.

message 9: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 950 comments What'd you guys think of the season 5 premiere? I LOVED IT!

message 10: by Astoria (new)

Astoria  (astoriamalfoy) | 5 comments Why can't they Kill Tara Off? I seriously dislike her. Other than that it was fun and okay.

And Eric and his sis do seem to enjoy each other... too much.

message 11: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 950 comments lol true, I thought Eric and his sister was alil wierd. I love Tara and they don't need to kill her off :)

message 12: by Barry (new)

Barry James (mondragoran) | 9 comments Well, she's not his SISTER sister, she's just his sister by blood. But not THAT kind of sister by blood--the other kind. You know what I mean. So therefore it isn't creepy. Kind of.

message 13: by Brianne (new)

Brianne Buckley The Sookie Stackhouse novels are very fun - I like the series too if only to look at Eric... ;)

message 14: by ~Thena~ (new)

~Thena~ (athena-nadine) | 184 comments Look, look, look! I went to Comic Con today! :-D

message 15: by MeMe Belikova (last edited Jun 22, 2012 12:04AM) (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 950 comments SO JEALLY!!!! I LOVE PAM!!!!!

message 16: by Tanecia (new)

Athena-Nadine (Nallia) wrote: "Look, look, look! I went to Comic Con today! :-D

"

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Jealous!!

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (s4r4h) Tt wrote: "Athena-Nadine (Nallia) wrote: "Look, look, look! I went to Comic Con today! :-D

"

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Jealous!!"

Ditto! And Pam's my absolute FAVORITE!!!!

message 18: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 20 comments So cool! I love Pam too, and Eric.

I haven't watched this weeks episode yet, but I sure hope it has more Sookie and Eric and less Eric and Bill

message 19: by C. Bryan (new)

C. Bryan Brown (cbryanbrown) | 8 comments Not a fan of the books; I kept hoping someone would actually kill Sookie. Love the TV show, though. The greater exploration of the characters is awesome.

message 20: by Uzuri (new)

Uzuri Wilkerson (uzuri_iruzu) | 24 comments C. wrote: "Not a fan of the books; I kept hoping someone would actually kill Sookie. Love the TV show, though. The greater exploration of the characters is awesome."

I agree. I read the books out of compulsion now, just to see what happens even though I don't really care (I'm what they call a masochist). Season 4 was my favorite so far. Way more action and I love where they've gone with the characters.

message 21: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiff0505) | 52 comments Anyone else think this season has just got worse with each episode? I'm so over Russell and Bill its not even funny. Too many subplots big mistake with Tara they should've just killed her off. I'm over this series onto Hell on Wheels for my Sundays now...I just don't get what the heck is going on.

message 22: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiff0505) | 52 comments Cara wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "Anyone else think this season has just got worse with each episode? I'm so over Russell and Bill its not even funny. Too many subplots big mistake with Tara they should've just kill..."

Agreed, too bad Chris Meloni got knocked off he played a good Roman! I'm sick of Tara I haven't even watched the last two episodes yet I just got so bored of it. I'm sick of Sookie and Jessica and Tara, this show I fear won't be ending on a high note.

message 23: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 33 comments there was a very funny birth scene in the season finale but overall, I felt this season was all ove rthe place.

message 24: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiff0505) | 52 comments Me too, this season was a disappointment for me. Next season with Billith I'm not sure what to expect and I don't think I'll be tuning in. I love Andy and Jason but I don't think I can tolerate anymore of the nonsense this show has been spewing.

message 25: by Vedrana (new)

Vedrana Vidicevic Eric is "designed" to be god's gift to women. Just to read about him and way he flirts is enjoyable almost as you live it.

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jessamiene) | 51 comments Main and primary reason I ADORE this show is because of ERIC, plain and simple. Especially Sookie and Eric. She's a pain in the arse sometime, but I'm confident she'll eventually see the light ;)
I've been addicted since Season two when a buddy of mine watched eps back to back. So much better than Twilight or any other vamp show out there I can think of

message 27: by Alicia (new)

Alicia I could not agree more with the expressions of disappointment. Although I agree about Eric, being amazing to look at ..... I think this season is terrible, nothing happening, and all in all getting hokier by the episode.

message 28: by Vedrana (new)

Vedrana Vidicevic Jennifer wrote: "Main and primary reason I ADORE this show is because of ERIC, plain and simple. Especially Sookie and Eric. She's a pain in the arse sometime, but I'm confident she'll eventually see the light ;)
I..."

I wonder what would be with that show if there was no Eric in it?:)

message 29: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jessamiene) | 51 comments Ema wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Main and primary reason I ADORE this show is because of ERIC, plain and simple. Especially Sookie and Eric. She's a pain in the arse sometime, but I'm confident she'll eventually s..."

They probably would have had to stop at season two, out of boredom with Bill & Sookie's relationship ;)

message 30: by Jay (new)

Jay | 216 comments Sookie is cool

message 31: by Shahbaz (new)

Shahbaz (abelisii) | 163 comments A co-worker recommended this show to me so I went and got all the seasons and watch them back to back, My favorite character would have to be Lafayette. Every since season one when he told that fellah "This is my house bitch, and you will eat my fucking food the way I fix it." Yea that shit had me rollin. and thats after he whooped his ass LOL

message 32: by Tanecia (new)

When is the next new season coming on??!!

message 33: by Shahbaz (new)

Shahbaz (abelisii) | 163 comments IIRC I think June, not sure though, I haven't bothered to look lately

message 34: by Becky (last edited Jun 22, 2013 09:46PM) (new)

Becky | 251 comments I love true blood, at least the first two seasons. some reason I lost interest, and I loved Lafayette he was so cool, and Jason...he's just a slut. read the first 3 or four books which were great.