Love Inspired Books discussion

Happy November!!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
Does November bring anything special to mind for you? I know here in the states, we have Thanksgiving at the end of the month, so that's typically what I think of. For me, though, even though November is still typically fall, it always feels like we've lost fall and are into winter.

Like today- we've got snow.

Dream

message 2: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments It does in South Australia the now Credit Union Christmas Pageant in Adelaide is always in November second Saturday. its a big parade of floats with Father Christmas on the last one hearalding in the Christmas season. I have only been to one and loved it but its on tv so its special.

message 3: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 11 comments For me, November means the beginning of CHRISTMAS SEASON! Including Christmas music!! :) Since my 1/2 marathon in next month I do a lot of running and will be running to a Christmas mix starting really soon. :)

message 4: by Love Inspired (new)

Jenny, that sounds like a lot of fun!

Camille, wow! Good luck on your 1/2 marathon. I hope you're going somewhere fun to do it.

Dream

message 5: by Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance (last edited Nov 04, 2011 05:49AM) (new)

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 27 comments Good luck on your 1/2 marathon Camille!! Jenny sounds like a lot of fun!

November to me means that the holidays are coming along with a bunch of birthdays. Although I actually get this feeling with the end of October. My cousin's birthday was Oct 21st, then you have Halloween. Starting in Nov you have my Aunt's b-day on the 2nd, My b-day on the 3rd, and my Uncle's on the 14th. Then you have Thanksgiving, my other cousin's b-day is on the 27th. Then you have my brother's on Dec 2nd. So by the time you get to take a breath you realize that there are only 3 weeks till Christmas! SO Nov means crazy busy for me!

message 6: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments It is fun the kids love it. its possibly a bit like your Macy's parade.

message 7: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments Love Inspired wrote: "Does November bring anything special to mind for you? I know here in the states, we have Thanksgiving at the end of the month, so that's typically what I think of. For me, though, even though Novem..."

I will be busy bee this month, First of all to attend Veteran celebrations at Va state home , go to see two plays is Miss Salgon and christmas show (day after my birthday) then petsitting over thanksgiving holidays.

message 8: by Love Inspired (new)

That sounds like a lot of fun Terri! how awesome!

message 9: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Davids | 5 comments For me, November means raking leaves. My home is surrounded by big silver maples and the leaves all seem to drop at once. My grandchildren used to like to play in the piles, but they are too big (read too grown up at 18 and 11) to do something so childish. I miss them being young and carefree.

message 10: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 44 comments Patricia, I remember as a child raking leaves (oak) into a huge pile then playing and jumping into it. Fun. Of course, I had to rake the leaves again. Back then, you would rake them to the street then burn them.

message 11: by Patriciaw (new)

Patriciaw | 48 comments We did that too! Huge piles of leaves. Another thing my kids miss in central FL. But since they don't know they're missing it, I guess they really aren't.

message 12: by Judy (new)

Judy I think of my sister walking around in her 4 inch high sandals and it snowing on Thanksgiving years and years ago, she ended up with Pleurisy.

We had great parties by grandma and grandpa (2 doors down as I lived in a block of 9 houses of relatives). And on Thanksgiving the older grandkids would go bowling or to a movie. Cousin Tom ended up with fingernail gouges in his arms the year we went and seen Halloween!

Now the only family we have here lives around the block but we don't celebrate holidays together. So it is just three of us.

message 13: by Love Inspired (new)

Raking leaves... our house has a tree with really tiny leaves so it is a pain to rake. Our kids hate the fact that we never get enough of a pile to jump in.