The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Photo Spread in Vanity Fair of Hunger Games Cast

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Josephine For those of you who are as excited as I am (I know! I'm a nerd!) about the upcoming film, there's actually a photo spread of the cast in the upcoming issue of Vanity Fair. You can see some of the photos online, though:
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/f...

Rachel Cool! Thanks for the link

Tami So cool. I'm way excited too. I just got done reading the series.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

TOTally Amazingggggggg! cant wait for the movie.

Jennifer LaFon - Book Bitches Blog Yay!!! I didnt know they were making this a movie. When??

Tami IMDB shows release date of March 23, 2012.

Maionese I always loved Josh Hutcherson and even though he was not my first choice of actor to play Peeta, I knew he would do us proud. I just wasn't so sure he would look how I imagined Peeta, but in these pictures he looks PERFECT! It made me all the more excited for the movie. I can't wait! :)

Maionese Corey wrote: "I can't believe they put him as Peeta when the book clearly says multiple times that he has BLONDE hair.."

But he dyed his hair blonde. :) I just wish they had put blue contacts on him as well since Josh has brown/green eyes. But oh well...

You know Suzanne Collins was really impressed with his audition, she went so far as saying that "even if he was blue and had wings she wouldn't care" so he must have been really good.
I guess we are lucky because having a cast of good actors is more important than they looking exactly right. I think they are going to be great :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Liam Hemsworth is the wrong actor for Gale. He kinda looks a little old for Gale.

Lillaby I ADORE Josh Hutcherson. I knew from the start that he would be perfect for Peeta. With his hair dyed blond, he looks exactly like the Peeta I imagined when I first read the books! Or maybe I was just imagining Josh Hutcherson. Did I mention I love that actor? Because I do. :)

Originally, I was a little bit disappointed with the casting of Liam Hemsworth and Jennifer Lawrence, but I know they are both great actors, and now that I've seen the pictures, I have really high hopes for both of them!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) OMG! I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING AT JOSH HUTCHERSON!! haha...He looks SO bad with blonde hair..

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) Oh.I don't know WHAT I'm gonna do when I watch the movie cause whenever I see his face I just laugh..Sorry, I need to contain myself..FOR the other pictures..Their great..I mean Liam looks a bit old and they all look a bit modely..but..

message 13: by Shelby (last edited Nov 04, 2011 12:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shelby eugh, its horrible. The group photo looks so unnatural and forced somehow (like someone just took the individual images of the cast members and pasted them onto a random field background), but my main problem is how it bears scary resemblance to the twilight cast photo in vanity fair as well.

Tiffany Shelby wrote: "eugh, its horrible. It looks so unnatural and forced somehow, but my main problem is how it bears scary resemblance to the twilight cast photo in vanity fair as well."

oh wow, the same thoughts ran through my head...i love jen law but i don't think this movie is going to be as big as twilight or even come close to harry potter.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) Jennifer and Liam look too old :(

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) And hopefully the movie will do good?

Ashlyn AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so excited for the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just hope it's not a dissapointment like twilight. if it is, man i am going to be soooooooooooo mad.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) I hope it stays true to the book....If not? Then you'll hear someone loudly screaming about how movie's always ruin the books.. :(

Redtulips1103 Thanks so much for the link i'm so excited about the movie!

Sarah Ummm, not excited at all about the choices, but I guess they can always prove me wrong. I hope they do.

percabeth dudes my friend is in that group picture ;D she's so lucky!!!!!!!!! i want to pose with peeta and gale! ugh

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) well..Their not "Peeta" and "Gale" their Josh and Liam..Sorry, I have a hard time accepting them for the roles..

message 23: by [Coco] (last edited Nov 07, 2011 02:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

[Coco] Same here. Jennifer, Liam, and Josh don't seem fit for the roles. Liam and Jennifer are too friendly-looking, and Josh is too fake.
And this website has cool pictures, but there's too many ads.

message 24: by Kelli (last edited Dec 14, 2011 05:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kelli yeah the photo was really posed, but it's not like the hunger games cast chose it to be that way, that's the magazine's fault. and it bugs me so much when all people can talk about is their hair color!...it's the acting that makes it good!