Witch one? discussion

What kind of Witchy fiction do you like to read?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:22PM) (new)

Laura (LauraStamps) As a child I loved fairy tales, and read every collection I could find in the library.

Now I like urban fantasy more than traditional fantasy. I think its because I prefer to read about Witch characaters in contemporary times rather than in the past or in fantasy worlds. Who knows (lol)? At the moment, my favorite urban fantasy authors are Tanya Huff, Jim Butcher, Jeanne Stein, Lilith Saintcrow, Madelyn Alt, Charlaine Harris, etc. Like all book addicts I am always looking for new urban fantasy series to add to my TBR list.

What kind of Witchy fiction do you like to read? Who are your favorite authors?

message 2: by Katie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:25PM) (new)

Katie | 2 comments Mod
I like old school traditonal fantasy. Old world senerios, from the past and times of the burnings... no fav's yet. still looking.. still reading

message 3: by Mike (new)

Mike | 1 comments I recently read and loved "The Circle of Five" series. It was the first time I cried while reading.

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat I love the Wicked series. I got the first 2 for my birthday and I just got the third 1 4 Christmas.

message 5: by Silver_Raven (new)

Silver_Raven | 3 comments i love all the super fantasy books about pagans and such.

message 6: by Witchy (new)

Witchy Books (witchybooks) | 1 comments I love any YA books about teenage witches (which is what I started my blog for), but I'm looking to expand to more adult books. I already have the first Circle of Five book and the first two Bewitching Mysteries books.

message 7: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gael (gaidheal) A cross-section, ranging from more true to life magic, such as Wendy Mewes', " The Moon Garden " to supernatural murder mysteries like " Whittlewood " by Suzanne Ruthven.

message 8: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gael (gaidheal) I also like Joanne Harris books, but the film of " Chocolat " removed a lot of the magic.