American Historical Fiction discussion

Salem Witch Trials

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary (marybt) | 40 comments Can anyone recommend any good historical fiction (and not romance! haha) set during the Salem Witch Trials?

Thank you in advance.

~*Trema Renae*~ (tremarenae) | 4 comments Hey, I haven't forgotten your post, just haven't found anything yet. i'll keep looking. i'm interested also!

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbaraannewaite) | 10 comments I always heard my grandmother tell the story of how our relative helped in stopping the Salem witch trials. I'm afraid I thought she was overplaying the part our relative played. Then I watched the movie "The Crucible" and watched in amazement that the story she had always told was there in the movie. I did not care for the movie but interesting to see "grammy's story" confirmed.

message 5: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (prairiedances) | 2 comments It's YA but Witches' Childrenis pretty good. Ann Rinaldi's A Break with Charity: A Story about the Salem Witch Trialsisn't bad either.

For adults, The Physick Book of Deliverance Daneis really good as well.

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary (marybt) | 40 comments That's for the input!

It's so strange that a time that has captured my imagination is so under-represented in historical fiction.

message 7: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Mcmillen | 1 comments The Shape of Mercy

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy (amybf) Isn't "The Heretic's Daughter" by Kathleen Kent set during that time period? The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent